What everyone needs to understand.

a-train

Looks interesting. I haven't gone through and checked all of his information, but compared to what I already know, he gets quite a bit accurate. He does a lot of interesting things with statistics, but he ignores some major trends in economic circumstances he describes. And of course the best chapters - 19 and 20 - are "coming soon". I'm really interested to know what he thinks we can do to prepare for and possibly avoid this impending socio-economic crisis.

I was a little annoyed at how often he repeates the phrase "the next 20 years will be different from the previous 20" and especially at how long it takes him - 3 hours - to get to the part where he explains what he means by that (and then leaves us hanging by not completing that chapter).

Of course most of the people who will benefit from his discourse are the ones who already know, and the people who need to hear it will never find his site, or will ignore it when they do.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/18/business/18markets.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&th&emc=th

http://markets.on.nytimes.com/research/tools/builder/api.asp?sym=%24DJI&duration=3&chartstyle=ArticleSpan&w=600&h=280&display=fillclose

The financial crisis entered a potentially dangerous new phase on Wednesday when many credit markets stopped working normally as investors around the world frantically moved their money into the safest investments, like Treasury bills.

450 points in one day - 4% drop. That's almost crash worthy.

Yahoo Interactive charts can show you a drop from 11,421.9902 at close on Friday to 10,609.6602 at close on Wednesday - a drop of 812.33 points, 7.1%. I'm thinking I should sell my car to pay off my student loans and get some food storage :|

Edited by puf_the_majic_dragon

Was there a soundtrack to go with that 1st chapter? According to the screen I had my volume set at maximum, but didn't hear anything..I'm using a laptop which appears to have a selective volume control, lol :)

Ignore that remark, I just noticed somebody had muted the overall volume control again!!