I would like to thank - -

Iggy

Thanks to everyone on this list who speaks uplifting words, who forgives those who speak badly, and (especially) who forgive me when I sound harsh, sarcastic, and/or caustic. You provide an example to me and a goal to which I aspire.

Thanks to everyone on this list who says unkind, cutting things, who hold a grudge, and who take offense, whether or not offense is intended. You provide a mirror for me so I can see how I shouldn't be, and in comparing my behavior to yours, make me feel foolish when I act the same way. Sometimes, this can be very nearly as valuable as the first group (though never quite).

I would like to thank any and all that post here. Whether I agree, or not, with any given sentiment, it serves to give me another's perspective; to cause me to rethink a position I held; to soften my stance or to strengthen it.

I thank you all for the many wonderful hours of knowledge and entertainment I have enjoyed as a member of this site. :)

PS Checkerboy?.....could you please cut thru all this sap and goo with some sarcasm please? I may have just put myself into sugar shock! :D:D:D

Sorry I was so slow. I was just thinking I wonder what is in that thread? I figured since it was started by Iggy and the fact that she hates my guts, there probably wasn't any thanks for me. But what to my surprise there are actually a few of you who had nice things to say about me. So to those who recognize the greatness that I am ... thank you.

Sorry I was so slow. I was just thinking I wonder what is in that thread? I figured since it was started by Iggy and the fact that she hates my guts, there probably wasn't any thanks for me. But what to my surprise there are actually a few of you who had nice things to say about me. So to those who recognize the greatness that I am ... thank you.

Checker boy - you don't understand me at all. I don't hate your guts. Life is way to short to hate guts. I started this thread for the reasons I posted:

I have been ignoring a prompting to thank members of this forum for being here – for taking the time to post responses, start threads, even to write blogs. To share their humor, loves, hurts, pains, angers, angst, fears, joys with us.

I procrastinated because I wasn’t sure if I should do this personally via their profiles or send them a personal message.

I have decided to start this thread so that I can publicly send a Thank You to forum members.

To start off, here are but a few - -

and

Please feel free to publicly thank someone, or several someone’s.

I dislike your chip on the shoulder/going to be sarcastic to every one whether they deserve it or not before they ever have a chance to be a.) sarcastic b.) belittling c.) nice d.) indifferent to me.

You have a "little persons" complex. The little is not referring to your height, it is referring to attitude. My husbands sister-in-law has this too - and I do my level best to NOT interact with her.

I do want to thank you though - because of your posts I now know that my sil is not the only creature on earth who thrives at being a royal-sarcastic- pain in the lumbar region. Also, you are teaching me patience and how to be more Christ like toward those who irritate the bee-jee-bees out of me. :huh:

If I really hated you, I would just put you on ignore and the only way I would know you said something was to read it in another's post.

Checker-a gentle word of advice from someone old enough to be your mother- get rid of the chip and stop the indiscriminate sarcasm. It really is not becoming.

checkerboy: I like you. I think you're funny. I have never seen you be mean to others (though I admit I don't make an effort to read Every Single Post that comes through), but I have seen others get offended by their (mis)perception of your meaning.

Huh...sounds kinda familiar to me...almost deja vu...not sure why.

And I think Iggy's avatar is very pretty.

Iggy- I know you don't hate my guts, I realize you don't like the way I come across on here but I am sure that if you actually knew me you would quite like me. I like to stir things up that is true but in real life I am quite different. I enjoy sarcasm because I don't look at life all that seriously. I try not to hurt people with it though. So thank you for pointing out where I can improve. <----Not sarcastic.