Go Utes! & Go BYU!

Moksha

with USC winning the best Utah will get is #3.....

Could even be further back than that. Doesn't matter if you end up the only undefeated team in the nation, top rankings appear to be based on some misplaced mystical perception that one conference is more deserving than another.

Way to go Utah the undefeated!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could even be further back than that. Doesn't matter if you end up the only undefeated team in the nation, top rankings appear to be based on some misplaced mystical perception that one conference is more deserving than another.

Way to go Utah the undefeated!

I said number #3 to be nice to Mr Magoo....you are correct in what you say....there is alot of favoritism involved to.

Utah kicked Alabama booty quite well tonight. The Utes should be #1. But under the existing system the best they can hope for is #2. Pout BYU---Pout.!! Your "quest for perfection" was and is laughable. And your Max Hall wasn't even considered for the Heisman, even though you BYU, in your usual , proclaimed him as such all season.

Hey, even in the midst of a SWEEPING Utah victory as the only undefeated team for 2008-2009, can we not be charitable and award BYU another Great Moral Victory and maybe an air Heisman too? :)

Perhaps even be forgiving of the inherent and undeserved bias in the polls, as Palerider mentioned.

This is what one St Louis sportswriter has to say about Utah after their win....

UTAH SHOULD BE NO. 1: It won’t happen, of course, because voters go for the brand names, the BCS conference kingpins, and they’re just waiting to crown the winner of Florida vs. Oklahoma. The Utes are from the Mountain West, which might as well be Siberia. And I’m just as bad as anybody; I assumed Utah would lose to Alabama in the Sugar Bowl, so there was no put the Utes into the debate for No. 1. Wrong, wrong, wrong. And shouldn’t all objective-minded voters hit the reset button on their brain and reevaluate this instead of automatically tapping Florida or OU as No. 1? Shouldn’t there at least be some thoughtful deliberation? After playing a virtual road game and taking Alabama apart 31-17 in the SEC-friendly Sugar Bowl, why wouldn’t Utah have a legit claim to No. 1? This is the only D-1 team that will finish the season with an undefeated record. Utah has beaten three teams currently ranked in the top 16, and another victim, Oregon State, will likely finish in the Top 25. (Oregon State is the only team to topple USC this season.) The Utes have handled every challenge. They defeated five bowl teams, and won on the road at Michigan and at Air Force. Skeptics will say, OK, put Utah in the SEC or the Big 12 South or the Pac 10 and none of this happens. They’d never survive the schedule. Look, I don’t deal in hypotheticals. All I know is this: only one team stands alone, unbeaten. And that team, Utah, hasn’t exactly played a cupcake schedule.

Skeptics will say, OK, put Utah in the SEC or the Big 12 South or the Pac 10 and none of this happens. They’d never survive the schedule.

So is this the 'Bama Apologetic, that they lost because they simply did not survive their tough schedule which enabled Utah to hand them their biggest loss of the year? Doesn't that suggest that Utah could kick the butts of those other weary BCS conference champs too?

So is this the 'Bama Apologetic, that they lost because they simply did not survive their tough schedule which enabled Utah to hand them their biggest loss of the year? Doesn't that suggest that Utah could kick the butts of those other weary BCS conference champs too?

the skeptics probally said that before the Bama game...:)

I am surprised they made it to number 2......I know alot of the powerhouse schools as they are called by the media use the complaint they did not play anyone....why is it with these schools like Boise, BYU, Utah and I will put Hawaii in there to, they sure don't like to travel to these schools and play them.....