Stephenie Meyer-Midnight Sun

StrawberryFields

Stephenie Meyer-Midnight Sun

Midnight Sun: Edward's Version of Twilight

Below is a page which has a partial draft of the book that was leaked out and never finished. Stephenie has placed an explaniation and a link to her draft of the book. I have not read it yet but wonder if anyone has and if they had just read it from the link... It says it can not be copied?

StephenieMeyer.com | Twilight Series | Midnight Sun

The link I give in the OP is to her website. She tells what she thinks happened (well sort of) and then gives us permission to read it. After clicking on her website it has a link where it comes in PDF form. She tells us that since it got leaked out that she would give us permission to read it from her link. She didn't want her fans to feel like they were being dishonest if they read it but I don't think she has any plans for finishing it.

In the PDF form I think it's over 250 pages long...

I am so very frustrated right now. I guess more disappointed with 'fans' of Stephenie Meyer.

If you read her post on her website, explaining what happened with her draft of Midnight Sun and her reaction to it, you will notice that she says, and I quote "I'd rather my fans not read this version of Midnight Sun."

What more is there to say about the subject. Why are so many reading it??

I know, it kills me to know that I can just click on her link and ravish it with my curiosity and complete addiction to Edward but she has asked me, as one of her fans, not to...because, as she puts it, it's "messy and flawed and full of mistakes". Let alone it was leaked prematurely without her permission. She states right there, "I did not want my readers to experience Midnight Sun before it was completed, edited and published."

I want to support her whole-heartedly. I want her to know that as a loyal fan and supporter, I would rather read it completed and perfect and published as she intended it to be. How have so many people missed her plea to us, as her supporters and fans, not to read her unfinished story of Edward??

If there are any fans and supporters out there who agree with me...who have restrained from reading her unfinished copy that she has asked us not to read...I want to hear about it. I want to hear from you so that I can hold onto the hope that she WILL continue Edward's story when she has healed and is ready to, with the knowledge that there are those of us out there who have saved themselves for it the way she intended us to!

On her website the link provided, she gives us permission to read it. But also states she will probably never finish it. So I've read the majority of it with her permission. Therefore I don't feel guilty or a bad fan for reading it.

• 3 weeks later...

I've read it and it is very good. I also liked it better than the original Twilight, though reading it made me like the original Twilight more because it made me like Bella more. I think it is funny how we've all read Twilight and we know what happens, but when you read Midnight Sun you feel like you are reading a completely different story and you wonder how it is going to turn out :P

I agree that Stephenie Meyer did give us permission to read it, though she said it would be better to read the finished product and get the full effect. Yet the finished product may never come out, and if it does, I don't believe I will be any worse off for having read it. In truth, the draft is not very messy. It is well written and has very few typos. She doesn't give herself enough credit. In addition, as much as I admire Stephanie Meyer and as much as I enjoy her writing and I hope she will write more, I am not her loyal devotee and humble servant. I would not have gone looking for the illegal draft on the internet, but since she posted on her own website, a legal copy of the draft, I read it. My mother-in-law is obsessed with Twilight and she said she is going to wait a year. If Stephanie Meyer hasn't announced that she will finish Midnight Sun by then, she will read the draft. I respect people's choice to either read or not read it. I feel very bad for Stephanie Meyer and I think it is very wrong that this has happened to her. But I don't feel bad about reading anything that she has willingly posted on her website.