There is ONLY ONE GOD

Alleluia707

Guest The_Doctor

The Bible says that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ and not of works. There is no amount of good works or ceremonies that you can do to save your soul because salvation is a gift.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast” Ephesians 2:8-9

I’ll say it again, salvation is a gift available for all who simply believe in Jesus Christ. Salvation is sure because it is a gift. Whereas, if it is a matter of works, then no one can be sure of being saved.

We see in Acts 16:30-31 where the jailer asked Paul and Silas, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.”

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ alone and you will without a shadow of a doubt be saved.

“These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life...” 1 John 5:13

That is true but...

James 2:17-18

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

While this thread technically may not be contentious, we're all preaching to the choir now. Entertaining what started out as a drive-by just doesn't sit right. Some of the commentary has been less than charitable, so in the spirit of charity, I'm closing this thread.

ps. perhaps a more productive dialog can be helpful to shadowhunter:

http://www.lds.net/forums/learn-about-mormon-church/14485-one-god.html