I guess it would go here.. ? on Quiverfull

TheyCallMeMom

From the Wikipedia article on Quvierfull:

Quiverfull is a movement among conservative evangelical Protestant Christian couples chiefly in the United States, but with some adherents in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, England, and elsewhere. Its viewpoint is to eagerly receive children as blessings from God, eschewing all forms of birth control, including natural family planning and sterilization. Someone of this persuasion might call themselves a "quiver full", "full quiver", "quiverfull-minded", or simply "QF" Christian. Roman Catholics and some others might refer to the Quiverfull position as Providentialism, while the popular press has recently referred to the movement as a manifestation of natalism. The movement and its corpus of literature have grown steadily since its inception. Its adherents most likely number in the "thousands to low tens of thousands". It began to receive significant attention in the U.S. national press in 2004.

• 2 weeks later...

but isn't that consistent with most Christian religions..

I dont see how they are their own religion..

I am a Mormon, but I feel the same way about children, as does the catholic church..

I know few quiverful women/families, and they are not all the same religion. I think it's more of a personal revelation that they had. The Duggars (a pretty popular family on TLC and DHC) are the most famous quiverful family that I know of.

Psalm 127

A song of ascents. Of Solomon.

1 Unless the LORD builds the house,

its builders labor in vain.

Unless the LORD watches over the city,

the watchmen stand guard in vain.

2 In vain you rise early

and stay up late,

toiling for food to eat—

for he grants sleep to [a] those he loves.

3 Sons are a heritage from the LORD,

children a reward from him.

4 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior

are sons born in one's youth.

5 Blessed is the man

whose quiver is full of them.

They will not be put to shame

when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

This is the scripture that the quiver full comes from. Children are a blessing from God and blessed is the man whose quiver is full. I think God gives to people the amount of children He trust them with. I don't think this verse has to do with birth control. As my minister said once when announcing the birth of a new baby in our congregation and having the parents stand up. "Blessed is the young man who's quiver is full".... then he said, we all have different size quivers that hold different amounts of arrows. Then he chuckled and said that his only held two. I may be off topic but maybe I didn't really understand your question.