Relief Society General Meeting

georgia2

In tonight's meeting I was really inspired by President Uchtdorf's talk. He told us that we can attain Godly happiness while on the earth by emulating Heavenly Father. Creation and compassion are the keys he said. I have considered the happiness that creating something gives me. When he described it tonight, as taking unorganized materials and creating something out of it that was not there before, it made sense! What joy and inner fulfillment is felt as you gaze upon your flower garden, a piece of clothing you made, plants you started from seed, a photograph you arrange and manipulate the lighting on. And it does not end. Each time you look on these things it gives you a sense of happiness and peace.

Then he spoke on compassion. What one thing have you ever done that gives you any more happiness, joy and peace than to help someone who needs it? Give clothes to someone who has none, food to someone hungry, a smile to someone sad, a hug to someone lonely, and your heart swells to new heights, to enlarge, and beat even stronger.

I am so grateful I have a knowledge of the restored Gospel! I am so grateful I have a testimony! I am so grateful to know that Heavenly Father loves us and gives us encouragement!!!