What Old Testament Prophesies have come to past

BenRaines

Another thread got me to thinking. It was asked why no one had prophesied of World War I, II, other conflicts, etc.

The greatest prophesy of the Old Testament prophets was the coming of Jesus Christ.

Other than that what other prophesies that were made by Old Testament or New Testament prophets have come to past or are we still waiting for?

We are looking for specific not vague prophesies. Ones that can be said "Ah yes that is what was prophesied".

I had to look this up because I remembered this from years past.

But one I remember Neal A. Maxwell talking about is Luke 21:25. The perplexity of nations.

Here is his quote I found:

Our time already reflects yet another prophecy: “Distress of nations, with perplexity” (Luke 21:25). Before modern times, global perplexity simply was not possible. Now, there is a quick transmission of some crises and problems from one nation to others—the consequences of debt-ridden economies, the spreading of diseases, the abuse of narcotics, and, perhaps most of all, a shared sense of near-helplessness in the face of such perplexities. Today, the assembled agonies of the world pass in reminding review on the nightly news.

Another thread got me to thinking. It was asked why no one had prophesied of World War I, II, other conflicts, etc.

The greatest prophesy of the Old Testament prophets was the coming of Jesus Christ.

Other than that what other prophesies that were made by Old Testament or New Testament prophets have come to past or are we still waiting for?

We are looking for specific not vague prophesies. Ones that can be said "Ah yes that is what was prophesied".

I think we are still waiting for:

Resurrection

Final Judgment

Consumation of New/renewed Creation

Peace on earth

I think those take place at the end of the messianic age (whenever you think that is).

What has come to pass? Lot's of stuff prophecied has come to pass. Israel coming out of Egypt, taking CAnaan, exile, return, messiah, covenant renewal, judgment on Israel, new temple, holy spirit, Abraham blessing nations,...lots of stuff.

I firmly believe that if we look diligently, we will see the words of the Lord being fulfilled from the Old Testament and from the New. Many of these prophecies deal with us in this time. One such example is found in Daniel 12:4-

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end, many shall

run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

3 trains of thought here, words shut up and sealed until the end of time... many shall run to and fro (16 hours to fly around the world) and knowledge shall be increased. (Over the last 6000 years, knowledge has increased at a snail's pace, however in the last 100 years, knowledge has increased a thousand fold.)

But one of the most important works on prophecy that has been fulfilled in our day is found in Ezekiel. Ezekiel has four parts, Ezekiel's call to prophecy (1:1 - 3:27) God's judgement on Judah (4:1 - 24:27) God's judgement on the Gentiles (25:1 - 32:32) and then the Restoration of Israel (33:1 - 48:35) Not only does if give great detail about the nation Israel, but it also introduces World War III that will shortly come to pass.

Let me give you examples found in scriptures and explain their fulfillment.

Ezekiel 33:29 ... the land was most desolate because of all their abominations which they have committed. 34:5 ... they were scattered because there is no shepherd These two scriptures were just review. Israel was removed twice because of the sins that they committed and because they had no leadership.

Ezekiel 34:12-13, 16 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered, so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day. And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel... I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away...

Isaiah put it another way in Isaiah 66:8 Who hath heard such a thing? Who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born in one day? Or shall a nation be born at once. Such was the case with Israel, on May 12th, 1948. It was born again as a nation with the grand total of only 700,000 people to over 7 million. People are returning to Israel from all over the world... Russia... USA... Germany... and the UK just to name a few.

The Palestinians and their hatred of the Children of Israel. Ez 35:5 Because thou hast had a perpetual hatred, and hast shed the blood of the children of Israel by the force...Because thou hast said, these two nations and these two counties shall be mine, and we will possess it. Ez 36:2-3 Because the enemy hath said against you, aha, the ancient high places are ours in possession...because they have made you desolate and swallowed you up on every side, that ye might be a possession unto the residue of the heathen, and ye are taken up in the lips of talkers, and are an infamy of the people.

Ez 36:6 Behold, I have spoken in my jealousy and in my fury, because ye have borne the shame of the heathen...

Right now Israel is swallowed up on every side with nations that want their destruction. Syria, Iran, Russia, and in the past Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Egypt and many from Saudi Arabia as well. Today the Jews are touted as coming from apes and pigs, and being less than human, ones worthy to be blown off the map.

Stay with me, because war is coming...

Ez 36:8-14 But ye, mountains of Israel... I am for you, ye shall be tilled and sown, I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, and the cities shall be inhabited, and the wastes shall be builded, and I will multiply upon you man and beast, and they shall increase and bring fruit, and I sill settle you after your old estates, and will do better unto you than at your beginning... Yeam U will cause men to walk upon you, even my people Israel, and they shall possess thee, ...and thou shalt no more henceforth bereave them of men.... Because they say unto you, thou land devourest up men, and hast bereaved thy nations, therefore, thou shalt devour men no more, neither bereave thy nations any more saith the Lord.

Knowledge about Israel that the Lord is taking about. Over the last 2,000 years, Jerusalem has been conquered 17 times by 17 different nations. The Lord is saying that that will never happen again, I will never bereave my people again. And as far as making Israel better than you were in the beginning, which in Solomon's day they were pretty rich, right now, Israel is the 12th richest nation in the world. More Israeli based companies are listed on NASDAQ than from any other country in the world. (Epicenter p 64)

Ez 36:24, 28 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all counties and will bring you unto your own land... And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers, and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Then comes Ez 38 - 39. The Battle of Gog and Magog. As Daniel said, all this will be sealed up until the very end. For two thousand years, this didn't make any sense, but now it does, that is if we do our research. Now I could go on for pages and pages explaining who Gog and Magog are, but just suffieth to say, it they were the son of Japeth, who was the son of Noah. The people of God and Magog were a very brutal people who settled in what is now know as Russia.

Ezekiel 38:16 says that this will take place in the latter days.

Ezekiel 38:15 the Gog and Magog will come out of the North parts. Other translations say the far north. Either way that is Russia.

Ezekiel 38:14 that they will fall upon Israel who is dwellething in safety, that they will go against unwalled villages, who are at rest, and dwelling without walls (11) to carry out an evil plot.

And who will come out against Israel.

Gog and Magog- Russia

Persia - Iran (Persia was the official name until it was changed in 1939)

Ethiopia - Syria

Libya - Same

Turkey, Sudan. 10 nations in all to once and for all, wipe Israel off the map. If you are watching the news, you will know that Israel is hated in the region, and if it weren't for the United States, they would have been wiped out long ago. Bottom line, this massive army will defy the U.S. like they did in the Georgian invasion and move again Israel. But 80% of the entire army will be destroyed from fire from heaven (nuclear????) so that it will take 7 months to bury their dead. And then there will be a treaty signed that will last 7 years, at which time the Jews will build their 3rd temple Ez 40 - 48. I don't think that it will be a Mormon temple because they will have animal sacrifice, because the anti Christ will break the covenant after 3 1/2 years (Daniel 12, Rev) after which time, things are going to get very dicey fast for the next 3 1/2 years until Armageddon. That is if we are to believe prophecy.

Books that give the more complete non readers digest version of Gog and Magog is Epicenter by Rosenberg, Prophecy 20/20, The Battle for Jerusalem as well as others. Or go to my other post in the Preparedness section on Iran and Russia, discerning the signs of the signs (27 pages) That will give you a more complete explanation of Old Testament prophecies.

Edited by hethathathears

hethathathears, interesting insight. While I understand the restoration of the country of Israel and that could be, I lean towards it being, what the prophesy in Ezekiel was talking about the other is still future stuff that has not happened.

The purpose for my thread was to find completed prophesies of Old Testament and New Testament prophets. An earlier thread was going on about LDS modern day prophets and why they have not prophesied and their prophesies come to pass.

As I see it there are few concrete examples of biblical prophesies coming to pass other than the ones of Christ's coming and crucifixion and resurrection.

What I find amazing is that with all the prophesies of the events of Christ and still so few of the worldwide population believe them.

Ben Raines

Isaiah chapter 29 is a very pivotal prophecy that has come to pass.

Isaiah 29

Verses 11 and 12 refer to a prophesy describing Martin Harris' meeting with Professor Anton. This, however, did not impede the prophecy of the coming forth of another testament of Jesus Christ as prophesied by Ezekiel.

Ezekiel 37 is another key prophesy that coincides with Isaiah's:

Ezekiel 37

What I find amazing is that with all the prophesies of the events of Christ and still so few of the worldwide population believe them.

I was thinking the other day how actual mind blowing it was to know that 1 guy and 12 or so of his buddies, with limited influence starting out, and limited assets, literally changed the planet forever!

Or that it was amazing that of all the Ancient tribes and peoples with their ancient deities, Hittites, Ammorites, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Assyrians, Babylonians, etc...only One came out of the ancient world still standing. If the ancient world was a royal rumble among gods, and in many respects it was, then there is only One that came out of the ring even alive. Chemosh is gone. Baal - gone. Ra - gone. Marduk - gone. Ashur - gone. Zeus - gone. Poseidon - gone. Pretty funny how only One manages to keep sticking around.

I fail to see that big picture sometimes. So far, YHWH has done everything He has set out to do and hasn't failed. He said HE was going to bring His people out of Egypt - Israel came out of Egypt. He said He was going to send His people into exile if they didn't obey - it happend. He said He would bring them out of exile for His Name's sake - it happened. He said He would bless all nations of the earth through Israel - He did. He said people would come from all nations to worship Him - they do. If I were looking at history, and I were a betting man, I don't think I would bet against this God. He says He's going to judge the living and the dead - hey, you don't have to persuade me anymore.

Edited by Yekcidmij

I believe that one of the most precise and exact prophecies of the Old Testament concerns the restoration or establishment of G-d’s kingdom in the Last Days. In Chapter two of Daniel the Kingdoms of the earth are given in prophesy. The final kingdom is of part Iron and clay. This is understood to be the Roman Empire. Daniel prophesies that this empire will be divided into 10 kingdoms at some point of time – represented by the ten toes of the figure. In verse 44 Daniel tells us that in the days of these kings (10 in number) the kingdom of G-d will be established. When the kingdom of G-d is established as a small stone (which will not ever be overthrown) that will become large to cover the earth the contrast is that the ten kingdoms will fall and never again be established. I would point out that WWII was an effort to establish the 3rd Reich which was the 3rd Holy Roman Empire – that never took place.

There was only one time that the Roman Empire was divided into exactly 10 kingdoms with 10 kings and that points us to the year 1830. Since 1830 all ten kingdoms have fallen and to this day none are governed by kings but rather are governed by democracies.

The Traveler