2008 Baseball Playoffs

MarginOfError

The Cubs look like they could be in trouble already.

The Phillies are looking pretty good right now.

I'm shocked that the Sox were able to pull down the Angels (I'm a Sox fan.)

If the Dodgers win again tonight it'll be over for the Cubs. Likewise, if the Angels don't win on Friday, it may as well be over.

Predictions for tonight's White Sox vs. Rays game? My money is on the Rays.

I was in Chicago in 1984 serving a mission when they lost the playoffs to the Padres. You could hear a pin drop in that city the next day. I can only imagine what it is like there today.

I am learning to like the Dodgers. But, I still have to change the station every time some channel broadcasts Kirk Gibson's homerun off of Dennis Eckersley.

Jon

You should have seen New England in the 2004 ALCS. The Red Sox lost game 1, and it was a little sad. They lost game 2, and it was borderline mass depression. When they lost game 3, they practically had to import police officers from Kentucky to close off access to bridges and tall buildings. It was absolutely devastating.

Fortunately for us though, the Sox bounced back and Boston nearly went down in flames because of the celebrations.

The LCS's start tomorrow! woo hoo!

• 2 weeks later...