"Mormon Brainwash - Finished Product" ??

It's silly to say that such rote phrases are brainwashing. On the other hand, I suppose this eyebrow-raising about the oft repeated "I know it's true," is do in part to theological culture shock. Catholics repeat the rosary, mainstream Christians perhaps the Lord's Prayer or the Apostles' Creed, but we evangelicals don't have much we do by rote. So, when we testify, we extemporaneously share what God's done in our lives recently. The closest we come is to agree with what another is saying with "Amen."

In fact, there's a cute joke about the minister who was looking at his sermon outline. There was one point that was particularly weak--more opinion than Scripture. So, he writes in the side, "Call for an amen."

Thus the skepicism...when someone repeats over and over that "It's true," it causes skeptics to wonder if she is trying to convince me or herself.

Here in the states, there are many professors and colleges that will not accept Wikipedia as a source for papers and essays. My daughter had a high school teacher that would not allow it to be used as well. Mainly for the fact that many things that are on wikipedia have been found to be inaccurate. You have to take Wikipedia with a grain of salt.

... you should take any source with a grain of salt. Many "facts" in traditional encyclopedias and journals have been found to be innaccurate as well and some studies even show that to be the case more often than the information in wikipedia.