Lakers

Dr T

I have to say, although I was very disappointed in the last 2 games, all in all it was a great series. Orlando Magic proved they are worthy of the Eastern Conference Championship trophy. They represented the East very well. 2 games going into overtime. Some heart-in-your-throat moments. It was great. Kobe is such a great bballer he is a pleasure to watch. And I am very happy that he finally got a ring on his own merit without any doubt that Shaq had anything to do with it.

Shaq and LeBron? Makes you go Hmmm...

LeBron is amazing imo and will continue to develop and grow. Shaq is still a force and was a super great center, one of the best of all time now doubt about it. I wonder what they will do with that. I guess we'll see. Yes, Anatess the Magic made us work. They did a great job. Howard really impressed me too. It was fun to watch. :)

Like I said, I like him as a player (to be clear as a basketball player) with his skills. As a person, he's done some things that I don't like and he had some difficulties there to deal with. He was much more toned down this year though.

Ariza gave a verbal to go to the Rockets. I like Ariza a lot! I think he's one of the most athletic we've had on last years team. I'll miss strong skills but he was too inconsistent for me. I think he will continue to grow as a player. No Ming anymore so they will not have a big (yet) now. Good luck to him but GO LAKERS!

Josh Powell and D.J. Mbenga will remain on the Lakers' roster for the 2009-10 seasons. Ok, I just want to understand why we keep signing Mbenga?! Seriously WHY? Yes he's 7' and 255 pounds but come on. They can't really use him for more than practice. I don't get it.

Artest has signed with the Lakers and has chosen #37 "to honor Michael Jackson" since his Thriller song was #1 for 37 weeks. He views himself as #1 so he picked that number. I hope he helps us out.

• 2 weeks later...

The Heat have made an offer for Odom. I hope he chooses to stay with the Lakers. I know he was only offered a 3 year contact but maybe the Heat can offer a longer term contract. Odom was offered 9 M each year for 3 years while it is rumored that the Heat is ready to offer him something like $35M for 5 years. I'd keep Odom in a heartbeat.

We have a really quiet and fun little shopping center that's sort of nestled away in our community. It has a this very magical and fun bakery that's all decorated with pink fluff, girly foo foo, fairies and glass slippers. I love their gingerbread cookies. Oh, yes this is a sports thread . . . so, sometimes I go to get my cookie and there's Kobe, buying little fluffy pink cupcakes, gingerbread houses and chocolate dipped strawberries for his little girls dressed up all handsome for tea time. I know nothing about basketball, but he sure does know how to do a tea party. I like his feminine/fluffy side. What a luv. :wub: He's a good daddy.

Way to go Kobe. Real men like tea parties!:twothumbsup: You get a smoochie from me.

• 2 weeks later...