Lakers

Dr T

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, I know this is NOT the NBA season yet-I know but there has been some changes on my team this year and one of the main ones was the addition of Ron Artest. He is a thug and has difficulty managing his emotional outbursts at times. My main thing with him is my question about how he will fit in and what it will do to the team. I see him as a strong person and will miss Ariza's athleticism next year. Anyway, Mark Cuban chimed in about Ron Ron not being good for the Lakers. We'll have to see if he can stay out of the limelight and keep his cool about it and see how my team comes out this year. GO LAKERS!!!! L.A. will take the whole thing again this year. You all heard it here first :lol: Cuban’s radio spot can be read and listened to here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=4527133&w_cid=widgets:team:nba:www.lds.net

I know it is only the preseason but our first game looked pretty good.

Andrew Bynum scored 24 points and Kobe Bryant 22 as L.A. beat the Warriors 118-101 in the preseason opener. Ron Artest's debut: 12 points, nine rebounds and seven assists.

I was happy about Bynum's play and it's good to see Artest getting those boards. We'll see how this 09-10 season progresses.

Last two preseason games were both Lakers victories. The were up by 19 or 20 in the game against the Bobcats, a team that beats us WAY more than they ought to, and we let them get back into it in the second half of this last game but we pulled it out. We were without Lamar and Pau in these two games due to being hurt.

The last game against the Clippers, we saw the Clips go up quickly. We allowed 60 point in the first half and had to play catch up. We took care of business. We have three more preseason games before they really count. I hope to see us pick up our D more, spread the ball and get into a team rhythm. Go LAKERS!

Lakers over Nuggets 106-98 without Pau and Bynum. Odom made 5 3's and 17 pts while Kobe led the way with 23 pts. I'm happy we won. We play them again tomorrow in our last preseason game. We'll see what they do to change it up.

We start the season tomorrow against the Clippers. Pau is listed as "doubtful" but he's on the active roster list. We'll see. We split the season with them last year. We'll see how we do. I read some predictions about the NBA today and the author is saying the Lakers will be golden again this year. We'll have to wait and see. I called it first last year that the Lakers were going to take the whole thing. I'll say it again Lakers will take it all this year! ;) Go Lakers.

I changed my avatar for a little bit to the old Lakers Championship ring. :) We won 99-92 against the Clippers. It was an easy first half then we fell apart and let them back in the game and they pulled within two in the third. We had a nice run to start the fourth then they took some of that off and we ended 7 points ahead. We had 4 players in double digits. Kobe led the way with 33 points, 4 steals, 8 rebounds and 3 assists and Bynum had 26 points and 13 boards. I was interested to see how Artest did with the rest of the boys. He was off today I thought but his +/- stat was +14 so he helped the team a bit. I hope he finds his niche and hits more shots but he did not seem too bummed that he was not the start (at least not after the first game) :) GO LAKERS!

Second game of the season and our first loss already :( Well, with shooting 39% from the field, getting 29 fouls, and hitting only 14 shots from the line when playing the Mavs (a great team) I wouldn't expect anything but a loss to those guys. Artest got 3 points this game while Ariza got 25 for the Rockets. Man, I hope Ron picks it up soon and we get Pau back on the floor but it looks like he will not play our next game either. Again, we had a horrible 3rd quarter too. Come on boys, yes this is only one loss but still, it's a loss and not a W. Ok, I'll give the Mavs credit. Congratz Siouxz on your teams win tonight. :)

I hope we saw a change with our last win against Atl. Kobe put up 41 points and eight rebounds, Bynum added 21 points and I think we saw Artest start to show a little bit of his defense as he put out Johnson's solid start (7 of 8) in the first quarter. L.O. added 11 points, 14 boards and 8 assists too. Anyway, we took a 118-110 victory over the Hawks last night. I hope the team gelled a little more than they were against the Mavs.

Edited by Dr T

Kobe was sick with the flu but was able to score 31 points, Bynum had 22 and Ron Artest had 20. All I know is we did not play well this game. 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters were poor in scoring for us. We won 101-98 in OT thankfully. Bynum actually pulled some boards this game so that’s good. I thought the Thunder would be tough tonight and they were.

Ron Artest scored 15 points in our last game against his old team the Rockets. We won tonight! The Lakers played another OT ballgame tonight with the final score 103-102 Kobe had a game-high 41 as the Lakers improved to 4-1 this season. Bynum played tough all around ball today too :) Go Lakers!