Lakers

Dr T

• 2 weeks later...

So it continues for the Lakers. Head coach Phil Jackson announced yesterday that he will stay to coach my boys again. There was talk about him retiring but he'll continue. If we win again next year then he will have 4 "threepetes" in his career. GO LAKERS!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been away for a number of days in Idaho and yesterday read the paper that said Fisher announced his retirement. I looked when I returend home and Fish is staying with my boys in LA. We also picked up Steve Blake as another PG. He looks to have improved and I guess the Lakers have been following his career. I look forward to what he will bring to the Lakers next year.

Andrew Bynum, the Lakers center, announced that he wil have surgery on the 28th of this month to repair the small tear in his knee he got in the playoffs. Good luck to him and I hope for a speedy recovery. Go Lakers!

So I just read that hours after signing Ratliff, my boys also penned another forward to their roster, seven-year veteran Matt Barnes to our team for next year. Bares played for UCLA and I really like how he plays. I hope it will be a great addition. GO LAKERS!

Unlike Shaq who said, "I'll have surgery when the season starts. I'll fix it on the Laker's dime" Kobe underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee last week, it was successful and it is expected to fully recover before the start of training camp.

Guest LeeRain
Hidden

We dropped the 3rd game of the WCFs tonight. Amare and Nash did great and we gave them LOTS of free throws tonight. Congratz to the Suns great playing tonight.

big tits

anal beads

Bynum had his surgery today. It was a successful surgery on his right knee. He is expected to be available on a limited basis at the start of training camp and make a full recovery by the start of the regular season. We'll see...

Lakers announced that with the return of head coach Phil Jackson for next season we also retained Jim Cleamons, Frank Hamblen and Brian Shaw as assistant coaches while adding Chuck Person to the staff. We'll see what he brings to the table. Go Lakers!

My boys will open the season October 26th against the Rockets. We will also play the Heat on Christmas Day and the Thunder on Martin Luther King day. The full schedule will be released August 10th. I know you were all wondering about this info so I thought I'd let you all know.

• 2 weeks later...

Shannon Brown resigned with my Boys. That's really good. I really like his speed and overall athleticism. We can really use him off the bench. It will be very important for our bench to play strong all the way though a game.

• 3 weeks later...

On Monday, August 23, Kobe Bryant turned 32 years old.

In the last 14 of those years, the Lakers’ 6-6 guard has shot, driven and dunked his way to 12th on the NBA's all-time leading scoring list. That’s certainly an impressive enough feat, but when Bryant turns 33 next year, he may very well have vaulted all the way up to sixth on the ledger simply by producing at or even below his usual - if remarkable - rate.

Let's take a look at how Bryant has put himself in a position to get there:

First, rewind the clock by two years, prior to the 2008-09 campaign, when Bryant was 26th on the scoring charts with 21,619 points behind a career average of around 25 points per game, plus an ability to avoid or play through injuries. Kobe was perched (or waiting to strike, rather) just behind Larry Bird (21,791), Gary Payton (21,813) and Clyde Drexler (22,195). During that season he jumped all three, and then splashed nets past Elgin Baylor (23,149), Adrian Dantley (23,177), Robert Parish (23,334) and Charles Barkley (23,757).

Bryant then won his first Finals MVP award when the Lakers beat Orlando 4-1, before making another assault on the all-time list in 2009-10. His list of victims: Allen Iverson (24,368), Patrick Ewing (24,815), Jerry West (25,192), Reggie Miller (25,279) and most recently, 13th-place Alex English (25,613), whom he surpassed with 24 points on March 24, 2010 at San Antonio. In passing the legendary West on a slam dunk at Memphis on Feb. 1, 2010, Bryant also became the all-time leading score in Lakers franchise history before going on to claim his second straight Finals MVP trophy.

Add it all up so far, and the Black Mamba has scored 25,790 points.

Now, over the last three seasons, Bryant has averaged 2,165 points. He played all 82 games in 2007-08 and 2008-09, averaging 28.3 and then 26.8 points per game in respective years. Though he averaged 27.0 points in 2009-10, he missed nine games, so his total output (1,970) was his lowest since 2004-05 (1,819), when he missed 16 games.

Posted Image

Here's the reason for the math: if Bryant hangs around his average of 27 points from the last three seasons and plays in all 82 games, he'll score 2,214 points, pushing his career total up to 28,004, nearly 600 more than current sixth-place holder Moses Malone (27,409). If we're being (much) more conservative, Bryant could miss 10 games and average only 25 points per game, and he'd still total 1,800 points for the season and 27,590 for his career, clearing Moses by 181 points. Before he gets to Mt. Moses, Bryant will have to climb past Hall of Famers* John Havliek (26,395), Dominique Wilkins (26,668), Oscar Robertson (26,710), Hakeem Olajuwon (26,946), Elvin Hayes (27,313) and Malone.

*In fact, every eligible player on the all-time scoring list all the way up to No. 34 (Mitch Richmond) is in the Hall of Fame. Active players like Bryant, Shaq and those recently retired (Reggie Miller, Gary Payton) are not yet eligible.

Despite Bryant's rise, the top five scorers in history are safe at least for another year or two: Shaquille O'Neal (28,255, still active); Wilt Chamberlain (31,419); Michael Jordan (32,292); Karl Malone (36,928) and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (38,387).

But Kobe's already in the Top 5 for the postseason.

BRYANT 4TH ON PLAYOFF POINTS LIST

Points, of course, are harder to come by yet more important in the postseason, and Bryant has shot his way up this list as well, currently ranking fourth with his 5,052 points.

He surpassed the Mailman (4,761) with a three-pointer in Game 4 of the 2010 Western Conference Finals at Phoenix (one of his six threes in the game and career high 49 in the playoffs Kobe Dialing Long Distance in Playoffs at Lakers.com BasketBlog), and Jerry West (4,457) in Game 3 of Round 1 at Oklahoma City to become the Lakers all-time leading playoff scorer.

Only Shaq (5,248), Kareem (5,762) and Jordan (5,987)* rank above Bryant in playoff points.

Bryant has averaged right around 30 points per game in 23 games with L.A.'s three straight trips to the Finals, so even if he scores at that rate and the Lakers go back to the Finals, it'll be tough for Bryant to catch Abdul-Jabbar or Jordan. Shaq, on the other hand, is right there in his sights. *Bryant is also second only to MJ in career playoff games with 30+ points, trailing 78 to 109. Kobe passed Jerry West (74) and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (75) during the 2009-10 playoff run thanks to hitting the 30+ mark in 11-of-12 games.

The sum total of all these points? Greatness.

This was from here: Mike Trudell a lakers press person LAKERS: Kobe Climbing the Scoring Ladder

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kobe Bryant's Lakers jersey was #1 in sales in China for the fourth year in a row. He also tops the list on NBA.com, internet sales, New York and the media put out the list of the Top 10. Kobe was 1 LeBron was 2, Howard 3, Garnett 4 and Derrick Rose was 5th.