Lakers

Dr T

Great game as the Lakers beat Nuggets 103-122. We took all four quarters in that home victory. Antawne Jamison had 33 points off the bench and Meeks had 21 points. Meeks and Jamison made 12 3-pointers. It is good to see 3's from the Lakers. Dwight Howard had a great double-double with 28 points and 20 rebounds. This was Howard's 41st 20-20 game of his career. Kobe had 14 points and 8 assists. Nash is still out and does not look like he'll be back for at least two weeks (based on the impression he gave in an interview last night). WTG Lakers. I like it O lot!

103-113 Magic over my boys. :( They took off in the fourth and fouled Howard tons. He missed a lot and they played well. Sad. They are tougher than expected by many but I figured they would be harder than many giving them credit. Our bench was playing somewhat better than our starters tonight too. :( It should not be that way.

I read a headline that said, "Pau Gasol out indefinitely." What? I opened it and it said, his tendinitis in both knees that have been giving him difficulty D'Antoni sat him. He said, he wants Pau to be health so he will put him on day to day, it might take, one day? two? maybe 10. Whatever it will take. We will see.

:( Wow. hmmm.... 107-105 Rockets. Kobe had 39 points and we had a 17-point lead but we let them climb back in and had a very poor 4th. Dwight only made 8-of-16 from the line. He did have a double-double with 16 pts and 12 boards. Jamison had 15 points. We are hurting. Edited by Dr T

I thought that was going to be a done deal until the Lakers went another way. 10X nba champ coach vs. somebody else? hmmm...I'm still holding on to hope but I'm not liking what I'm seeing my boys stats look like at the moment. We have great players but they are NOT looking great :(

The Lakers will take on the New Orleans Hornets tonight as Kobe Bryant attempts to become the fifth player in NBA history with 30,000 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 5:00pm PT from the New Orleans Arena.

quote from Lakers.com

Kobe will be at 30,000 points with just 13 more points. That cool and all. He'd become the youngest player in NBA history to reach that number. I for one hope my team wins period. If he gets to that level tonight, good, it he doesn't and we still win even better.

At 34 years and 104 days of age, Kobe Bryant became the youngest player in league history to hit the 30,000 points, joining Hall of Famers Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (38,387), Karl Malone (36,928), Michael Jordan (32,292) and Wilt Chamberlain (31,419) as one of five players to reach that milestone. Congratulations Kobe!

from Lakers.com

Of the five that surpassed 30,000, Kobe was one of the five others that wore purple and gold. Jordan was the only one of those 5 that didn't wear our colors.

We play our 3rd in a row road trip against the Oklahoma City Thunder. OKC is a great team and they have a 6 in a row streak going. The Lakers are currently 9-10 and they are 15-4. KD and Westbrook are amazing. Tip is scheduled for 6:30pm PT from the OK. We are 1-7 when Kobe scores more than 30.

I hope so too Vort. Why do you call them "thieving"? Do you call them that because they used to be the the Sonics that played in Seattle? I don't remember.

===

Pau will sit for the third game in a row. I like how Jamison has been playing. Kobe vs. Durant will be fun to watch and I know Kobe gave up the scoring title to him last year but I'll say it again, The Lakers are a much better team when he scores his part and includes others. I want to see him have more assists tonight.

Kobe had 35 points and 7 assists but in our 114-108 loss to the Thunder last night. We fell behind by 19 points before rallying to get within 4 in the final minute. Dwight Howard added 23 points and 18 rebounds and Meeks scored 17 points.

Edited by Dr T

The Lakers (9-11) return home to take on the Utah Jazz (11-10) for the second time this season. Tip-off is scheduled for 6:30pm

PT in LA quote from lakers.com

We have lost many games this year by allowing a ton of points in a quarter. We need to play defense, play through Howard, have him make his free throws, have Kobe share more and hit some 3's.