Lakers

Dr T

Guest MormonGator

Okay, big sigh of relief. Reports are breaking that the Celtics were never interested in Carmelo and only had "exploratory talks". Life continues. Thank goodness.  

• 8 months later...

Today was the first preseason game.  We dropped it to the Timberwolves.  I never like to lose (and I have had a whole lot of losses these last 4 years) but as I always say it is preseason.  A time when we get to see combos of young players. We might see something good things at time too. I liked how Kuzma played, Ball played pretty well I like how he assists, sees the floor and has a great b ball iq, Randel didn't seem the strongest, not the worst but I thought he'd do better.  KCP I don't want to be harsh with yet but I expected better from his play.  BI I hope improves this year...  one down and many to go.  Go LAKERS!!!

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, Dr T said:

We got thumped by Pammy’s team last night. :(

Don't worry about it too much, you are a young team and this is just the exhibition. No games matter now. Work out the kinks and things will soon be fine. The preseason is meaningless and it's only used to get the guys in shape. The rhythm comes in December/January where the games actually matter. 

We won our first preseason game vs. Sac today with Randle playing tough and Kuzma playing well, not as well as the 3 previous games but still helped. We had a horrid quarter but we played well and it is good to win. 

Edited by Dr T
Typo

Guest MormonGator
6 hours ago, Dr T said:

We one our first preseason game vs. Sac today with Randle playing tough and Kuzma playing well, not as well as the 3 previous games but still helped. We had a horrid quarter but we played well and it is good to win. 

Do you know how long Lonzo Ball will be out for? I don't think his injury is very serious. 

Yeah, not too bad. He came down on another players foot and tweaked his ankle. Injury is part of the game unfortunately. I like Ball. His dad is too much sometimes but I think his dad is doing a good thing for his kids. Good and bad both I guess. We will see how Kuzma does with all the attention going to Ball and all the hype off Ball being the new face of the Lakers. We’love see. 

Guest MormonGator
10 hours ago, Dr T said:

like Ball. His dad is too much sometimes but I think his dad is doing a good thing for his kids. Good and bad both I guess. 

I like Lonzo Ball too and I think he'll be a great player. I'm a bit more conflicted about his Dad than you are. I agree he seems like a guy who is doing everything he can to help his kids, but I fear his actions might place a target on the back of his children. That's my concern. 

Yes I thought the target on the back thing too. We’ll have to see if he can handle it. So far he seems well poised, good in front of the camera, and humble. I think it is going to be tons of pressure on him. I read Lakers comments and there r a lot of haters already that knock him. I think he needs sipupport from fans. 

Guest MormonGator
9 hours ago, Dr T said:

Yes I thought the target on the back thing too. We’ll have to see if he can handle it. So far he seems well poised, good in front of the camera, and humble. I think it is going to be tons of pressure on him. I read Lakers comments and there r a lot of haters already that knock him. I think he needs sipupport from fans. 

That's my concern too. He's young. So, so young. How can he handle the pressure? LA is a demanding town (not an insult, Boston is just as demanding).

I apologize for sounding like a broken record but I agree with you again on the amount haters out there. Totally uncalled for. Give the kid a chance! 

Guest MormonGator
11 hours ago, Dr T said:

Sorry about Hayward. 

It was brutal. Even the Cleveland fans were quiet and showed respect 

10 hours ago, Dr T said:

You only lost by 3 points. If you guys had a better first and second you could have taken tonight’s game.  They had a better third quarter. I hope u guys go far this year MG. 

Yeah, that's the good news for sure, but it was still a very somber day for us. We went from being title contenders to hopefully making it into the second round of the playoffs. 

Good luck tomorrow against the Clippers my friend!  

Guest MormonGator
2 hours ago, Dr T said:

Thank you. This next game will NOT be easy for my boys. This time we will be playing against their true team, the starters. We will see what it brings.  Ball plans to play. 

I agree, it might be difficult for you guys but I think that the Clippers are vastly overrated. Blake Griffin is a loser. He likes the "LA lifestyle" more than he likes basketball. 

Lonzo needs to play. He needs experience more than anything else, but of course it needs to be balanced with his injury. 

Edited by MormonGator

Guest MormonGator
42 minutes ago, Dr T said:

92-108 Clippers lead the whole way practically.  Our shots were not dropping. They didn’t shoot very well either and they still killed us first loss if the season. Here we go......

Remember, it's the first game and you guys are incredibly young. Sure, Lonzo didn't do well but the NBA is a tough game to learn.