Lakers

Dr T

Guest Godless
17 hours ago, Dr T said:

Your boys r doing great with only 4 loses right now. Looks like the Spurs r playing tough tonight. I hope u guys can do it. 

Good win for the Spurs, and Boston definitely kept us on our toes. I'm hoping to see these two in the Finals, though it'll be hard to pick a side if that happens! It'll be great to get Kawhi back next week.

Guest MormonGator
3 hours ago, Godless said:

Good win for the Spurs, and Boston definitely kept us on our toes. I'm hoping to see these two in the Finals, though it'll be hard to pick a side if that happens! It'll be great to get Kawhi back next week.

With him back, your team will be scarily good. I admire you guys.The team has had two of the greatest players of all time (Robinson and Duncan) retire and still remains one of the best teams in the league. 

If I had to have a second favorite team, it would be the Spurs. Heck, you guys are almost as iconic as the Celtics and Lakers!

Almost. ;)

Guest Godless
14 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

With him back, your team will be scarily good. I admire you guys.The team has had two of the greatest players of all time (Robinson and Duncan) retire and still remains one of the best teams in the league. 

If I had to have a second favorite team, it would be the Spurs. Heck, you guys are almost as iconic as the Celtics and Lakers!

Almost. ;)

I know a lot of people worried about starting the season without Kawhi and Tony Parker, and the new contract we gave LeMarcus Aldridge had people ready to riot in the streets. But he really stepped up in a big way, and Rudy Gay was a great acquisition as well. It's always impressive to see how well the Spurs come together even when the "stars" aren't on the court. 

Guest MormonGator
14 minutes ago, Godless said:

I know a lot of people worried about starting the season without Kawhi and Tony Parker, and the new contract we gave LeMarcus Aldridge had people ready to riot in the streets. But he really stepped up in a big way, and Rudy Gay was a great acquisition as well. It's always impressive to see how well the Spurs come together even when the "stars" aren't on the court. 

Agree 100%. You didn't go through the dark years that the Celtics did in the 90's after the tragic death of Lewis and the aging of McHale/Bird/Parish. Shows that you guys have a great front office. 

For the record, I moderately cheer for the Magic just because they are the teams closet to my home.  But they are a distant second to the Celtics. 

Guest MormonGator
15 hours ago, Dr T said:

The Lakers retired both of Kobe’s 8 and 24 jerseys tonight. 

I saw some clips on Sportscenter. Truly beautiful to see. He is in my top three players of all time-Jordan, Kobe, LeBron. 

We lost to the GSW again tonight 106-113 and they didn’t have to win in OT over us as they did in their first two wins. They were blowing us out and we made out of an attempt but came up short. We had 5in double digits. Kuz and Randle both had double doubles and Ball had 25, 5 and 5 tonight. 

Guest MormonGator
On 12/28/2017 at 11:23 PM, Dr T said:

99-98 over Houston MG?!  Congrats. U guys had a poor first quarter but poured it on in the third and fourth. :)

Thank you my friend. It was a great game. Really ticked me off at first watching it-I thought we were going down in flames. That comeback was huge. 

I do not like to lose so please don’t get me wrong by saying this. People often hate on Ball, “his shot is broken”, “he is a bust” etc.  He has been out the last two games and I can really tell the difference in how we play. He brings a sharing mindset that is contagious. We have not had as many assists when he is out. He really helps us on the floor. He can improve with shooting but he is an important piece. 

Guest MormonGator
3 minutes ago, Dr T said:

I do not like to lose so please don’t get me wrong by saying this. People often hate on Ball, “his shot is broken”, “he is a bust” etc.  He has been out the last two games and I can really tell the difference in how we play. He brings a sharing mindset that is contagious. We have not had as many assists when he is out. He really helps us on the floor. He can improve with shooting but he is an important piece. 

Oh I totally agree. It's much, much too small a sample size to label Lonzo as a bust or not. He's also young. You need at least two years to get the feel of the NBA, easily. Maybe even three. I remain fully confident that he'll be a great NBA player in the long term. 

Guest MormonGator
13 hours ago, Dr T said:

96-114 loss to Minn tonight. We fell behind right away and could not put it together. :(

It's a bad streak right now, no question. The "good" news is that it'll be over soon and it'll toughen this young team up. No team in professional sports (or college, really) becomes successful before going through something like this. Stay strong my friend. I know it's hard.