Lakers

Dr T

Guest Godless
10 hours ago, Dr T said:

What do u all think of how the NBA has turned into the GSW SUPER team?  Besides Houston last season it was basically a done deal, they had it in the bag. What kind of challenge and competition are they going to have next year?  Is this the right thing to have in the NBA?  Does the league need to do something about super team limits?  I don’t think they should but I also don’t like a complete super team taking the title every year either. Like when they denied CP3 coming to the Lakers “because that would not be good for the league” and I feel we got potentially got robbed of championships.  Will the NBA still be fun to watch?

I agree that superteams make the NBA less fun to watch, but what is the NBA supposed to do about it? Tell teams they're not allowed to seek a competitive edge? To quote one ESPN writer, "Sorry the Warriors keep playing chess while the rest of the league is playing checkers". Players wants rings, more so than huge contracts in some cases. No one wants to be the next Charles Barkley. Pre-Miami Lebron showed us that having one superstar on your team isn't good enough. His time with the Heat showed us that stacked rosters win championships. Now the league is being split between teams that are willing to make big moves to compete and those who are happy to take their chances in the draft.

Interesting note on the Boogie deal (which was very small for a player of his caliber), apparently GS was literally the only team to make him an offer. Other teams (and their fans) will have to come to terms with that before decrying the number of All-Stars on the GS roster.

Edited by Godless

Guest MormonGator

I'm ambivalent about the super teams. On one hand, I agree that it's not great for the NBA. On the other hand, if the Celtics suddenly became a "super team" I'd be thrilled, so....

Guest MormonGator

So Carmelo and Dwight Howard are probably on the move guys. Who do you think will get stuck with them? 

I don't think either one is very good at this stage in their career. Carmelo has been overrated in my view (sorry) and Dwight was once great, but the game passed him by. 

Edited by MormonGator

Guest Godless
1 hour ago, MormonGator said:

So Carmelo and Dwight Howard are probably on the move guys. Who do you think will get stuck with them? 

I don't think either one is very good at this stage in their career. Carmelo has been overrated in my view (sorry) and Dwight was once great, but the game passed him by. 

Dwight Howard is going to the Wizards. I believe Houston is the top contender for Melo.

Guest MormonGator
2 minutes ago, Godless said:

Dwight Howard is going to the Wizards. I believe Houston is the top contender for Melo.

I feel sorry for the Wizards. At least Carmelo doesn't have a bad attitude and isn't a locker room cancer. 

Oh...wait. 

😝

Edited by MormonGator

3 hours ago, MormonGator said:

When Howard came to LA I was very excited. He had a hurt back and surgery and it didn’t pan out how I expected. A good center would be good for LA. Mello, I hear might come to LA but I don’t know. Kobe said he is very tough and valued him highly. 

Guest MormonGator
16 hours ago, Dr T said:

The Los Angeles Lakers have officially signed LeBron James, the team announced.

Congrats to your team my friend! 

Guest MormonGator
15 hours ago, Dr T said:

Yeah I pass on Mell. I don’t want him. 

I get the impression that Melo is the kind of player that everyone loves in public but when the doors are shut people say "You don't like him either, do you?" 

10 hours ago, MormonGator said:

I get the impression that Melo is the kind of player that everyone loves in public but when the doors are shut people say "You don't like him either, do you?" 

Hahahaha he plays too much iso imo

Wow, there r SO many Lakers hating on LeBron. Many calling the Lakers LeBron’s team, Kobe fans throwing a fit, others saying no, it’s  Magic’s team...  I hear the frustration but come on, it’s time to move on, he is a great player and is part of the team now so be a Lakers fan not a single player fan. I just want to improve our wins this year, develop and get better. Let’s go Lakers!

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, Dr T said:

Wow, there r SO many Lakers hating on LeBron. Many calling the Lakers LeBron’s team, Kobe fans throwing a fit, others saying no, it’s  Magic’s team...  I hear the frustration but come on, it’s time to move on, he is a great player and is part of the team now so be a Lakers fan not a single player fan. I just want to improve our wins this year, develop and get better. Let’s go Lakers!

I noticed that too! No team needs this kind of drama, you are absolutely right-I get the frustration too, but it's time to move on and just focusing on the team getting better. Totally agree. 

On post says:

Magic was drafted by the Lakers!
Played his whole career as a Laker. 
Magic’s Lakers never missed the Playoffs. 
Magic’s Lakers went to 9 NBA Finals. 
Magic’s Lakers won 5 titles. 
Magic retired as a Laker. 
Magic became part owner of the Lakers.
As an owner Magic’s Lakers won 3 more titles.  
Magic is now President of Basketball Operations for the Lakers. 
And Magic has now signed the best player in the NBA to the Lakers via free agency. 
And that’s just a tiny piece of some of Magic’s accomplishments as a Laker. 
So it’s pretty official now that Magic is the greatest LAKER of All-Time, behind Chick Hearn of course. Sorry but no one is above Chicky Baby!

They say Kobe was the best Laker but, with no disrespect of the Black Mamba who I see being behind MJ, even though he did steal MJ’s moves, he was really good imo. And MJ went 6 for 6 and never lost in the finals. Now LBJ has been on 3 teams and took the other 2 to the finals. That is a big deal. They keep saying “he can’t be the best Laker because he has not even played on game for us!  LBJ can really be a triple double all day long. We will see what comes of all this. I do not like drama either MG. 

Edited by Dr T

Guest MormonGator
On 7/15/2018 at 9:10 PM, Dr T said:

They say Kobe was the best Laker but, with no disrespect of the Black Mamba who I see being behind MJ, even though he did steal MJ’s moves, he was really good imo. And MJ went 6 for 6 and never lost in the finals. Now LBJ has been on 3 teams and took the other 2 to the finals. That is a big deal. They keep saying “he can’t be the best Laker because he has not even played on game for us!  LBJ can really be a triple double all day long. We will see what comes of all this. I do not like drama either MG. 

In fairness, the drama will stop when your team starts winning in October. And win they will. 

Guest MormonGator
2 minutes ago, Godless said:

The memes are already rolling in. 🤣🤣

FB_IMG_1531921637513.jpg

I just posted this on some dudes Facebook, let me post it here too. 

"Be careful what you wish for..."