Lakers

Dr T

Guest MormonGator
3 minutes ago, Dr T said:

Ahh, bummer. Sorry to hear of your loss

Thank you my friend. Life continues, but losing to terrible teams (and the Magic are dreadful. Worst team in the league) is a bitter pill. 

Guest MormonGator
23 minutes ago, Dr T said:

So this Anthony Davis rumor... that would be great to have him but I am not sure how realistic that would be right now. He has a contract until 2020 I think. He is really good I think. What r ur thoughts on him?

Great player, no doubt about it. Huge respect for him. I know virtually nothing about him personally, but from what little I've heard he doesn't want to come to Boston. Major red flag. We'd also have to give up a TON to get him. Would it help us out now? Oh for sure. In fact with him on the team we might be able to contend with the Warriors ( @Godless, your thoughts please on this). We'd dominate the Cavs, in my view. 

Danny Ainge has to decide if he's worth it. I agree with you @Dr T-it's unrealistic and quite frankly we have a a very good team right now. So I don't think it'll happen. 

I am proud of my young team., not too hot first half and almost lost in the end!  I kept looking at how poorly we do at the line. We were lucky is all I can really say. “Free throws are free”. We need to start making them. Overall I am pleased that we won.  Your Celtics are going far this year for sure, great players, coached well and u r the Celtics what else do I need to say about that?  Good luck to u

Guest MormonGator
9 hours ago, Dr T said:

I am proud of my young team., not too hot first half and almost lost in the end!  I kept looking at how poorly we do at the line. We were lucky is all I can really say. “Free throws are free”. We need to start making them. Overall I am pleased that we won.  Your Celtics are going far this year for sure, great players, coached well and u r the Celtics what else do I need to say about that?  Good luck to u

You guys beat a great team and you should be very happy about your victory my friend. Congratulations. 

Guest Godless
On 1/21/2018 at 8:54 PM, MormonGator said:

Great player, no doubt about it. Huge respect for him. I know virtually nothing about him personally, but from what little I've heard he doesn't want to come to Boston. Major red flag. We'd also have to give up a TON to get him. Would it help us out now? Oh for sure. In fact with him on the team we might be able to contend with the Warriors ( @Godless, your thoughts please on this). We'd dominate the Cavs, in my view. 

Danny Ainge has to decide if he's worth it. I agree with you @Dr T-it's unrealistic and quite frankly we have a a very good team right now. So I don't think it'll happen. 

Sorry for the late response. I was wary of the Kyrie trade, but it ultimately worked out. And I think the reason it worked out is because you have Horford and Tatum. I would build on that rather than shake up the lineup yet again for a player that may not even want to be there. Yes, AD may do big things for you in the short term, but what happens if he gets hurt or leaves in free agency? Kyrie has been very successful in Boston so far, and they have some young players showing a lot of promise. Build on that. It may not win you a title this season, but it's a great step towards a strong '18/19 season. And FWIW, I think Boston, as is, can beat the Cavs in the postseason. Maybe not the Warriors though. 

Guest MormonGator

What do you think about the rumors of LeBron going to the Lakers? 

The good news-He's LeBron James, one of the best players of all time. He'll be a great mentor to the young guys on your team. He could turn Lonzo Ball into Kyrie 2.0 

The bad news-He's old, and it'll turn the Lakers into a circus. He'll also cost 200 million dollars and place high expectations on the team.  

The talk is interesting to me. He is a great player, he has shared and can be a great mentor I think. I do not like how he went to the Heat personally. He takes his teams far during the season. He is getting older but he is big and strong. He is slowing down I think. I am concerned about any drama he might bring with him. He wants to win which I love. I have wanted him since he first entered the league. The talk about his kids going to school I LA was a cool sign. I like a lot of out young core and would not like to lose some of the so whoever get selected for cap space will be interesting to watch. I don’t want to loose Ball, Kuz, Nance Jr because of how he plays, Clarkson, I would be sad for him to go but am willing to cut ties, Randle is getting better and might take it to us when we get rid of him and I have big hopes for  BI, when he arrives I think he can be a hand full for other teams. A lot of the other plays will need to go too but which ones is my difficulty. We shall see if he even comes to LA. My mom, who is a Clippers fan said she might come over to the Lakers now that Griffin went to Detroit so I will welcome her to my side. What do u think about LeBron in the Purple and Gold?  

Guest MormonGator
15 hours ago, Dr T said:

. What do u think about LeBron in the Purple and Gold?  

I think you and I basically agree. He's a great player, inarguably one of the best of all time. I'd put him behind Jordan and Kobe. There is no doubt in my mind that he'll be a huge asset to your team. 

That said, he's old. And the older he gets, the more drama he seems to create. That disturbs me. He'll be a huge distraction to your team, one that could lead to serious problems. That disturbs me too. The casual Lakers fan will expect to see the LeBron of 2013 instead of the 2018 version that he is. That disturbs me. He'll cost a huge amount of money. That disturbs me. 

So it might work in the short term but long term it'll be a serious hinderance to your team. 

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, Dr T said:

112-93 for our 7th straight home W. 7 is not that impressive of a # but I’m happy with it. Hart has been playing well, Kuz, Randle and BI with Nance grabbing some boards. I’ll take it. Go Lakers!

Go Lakers bud. I'm happy you guys are doing well. Can you believe that the Cavaliers are imploding right now? It's so drama filled and pathetic. I don't think you want LeBron on your team if this is hat happens! 

We traded away J. Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr.  Larry offers a ton of energy and plays tough. :(  Clarkson put in buckets off the bench. We picked up Isaiah Thomas   My concer. Is his past injury. He is shot but he is a good slasher.  What did u think of him when he played with your boys MG?  We also got Channing Frye. He is  7’ forward. We need to see how these pieces fit with what we were doing. I’m kind of bummed about dismantling what we were building. Business I know. :(   We’ll see 

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, Dr T said:

We traded away J. Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr.  Larry offers a ton of energy and plays tough. :(  Clarkson put in buckets off the bench. We picked up Isaiah Thomas   My concer. Is his past injury. He is shot but he is a good slasher.  What did u think of him when he played with your boys MG?  We also got Channing Frye. He is  7’ forward. We need to see how these pieces fit with what we were doing. I’m kind of bummed about dismantling what we were building. Business I know. :(   We’ll see 

When he played with us he was mostly healthy. To be blunt, he's damaged goods. Sorry, but it's the truth. I like the guy a lot and wish he was still a Celtic, but circumstances change and he's no longer the player he was. 

I agree with you 100% that your team-which I think was on the rise-has been dismantled. It was a stupid move by management and I'm clueless as to why your boys did that. 

11 hours ago, MormonGator said:

When he played with us he was mostly healthy. To be blunt, he's damaged goods. Sorry, but it's the truth. I like the guy a lot and wish he was still a Celtic, but circumstances change and he's no longer the player he was. 

I agree with you 100% that your team-which I think was on the rise-has been dismantled. It was a stupid move by management and I'm clueless as to why your boys did that. 

The driving force was clearing cap space. I think Lakers wanted to bring in at least one star or two good players. Magic said the team is playing well and the young core will develop but he wants them to be stars “now” and doesn’t want to wait. The Lakers are winners which I think is his mindset. This is a microwave society, “I want it now”thing I’m thinking. I want my core to develop and become solid in Walton’s system. 

I also hear we want to bring IT off the bench and he said he does not want to come off the bench and would likely want to be traded if that was the case. Luke basically will give him the minutes Clarkson used off the bench....we shall see