Lakers

Dr T

Guest Godless
4 hours ago, MormonGator said:

LeBron opted out bro.I think he's LA bound. 

And @Godless? Danny Ainge will trade for Leonard. You'll be getting a six pack and two tickets to see us in the finals. 😝

I hope you're right. I'd definitely wouldn't hate seeing Leonard in a Celtics uniform. Though you have to consider what will happen next year when he becomes a free agent. All signs point to him wanting to play in LA once the decision is his to make. Will Boston or Philly make the trade of the year to acquire a player coming off injury who probably won't stay past 2019? I can't help but be skeptical.

I also wonder about the prospect of him being traded to the Lakers. On the one hand, it behooves the Spurs to make a trade this year and get some good compensation for his departure. On the other hand, would we be willing to trade him to a conference rival who will in all likelihood also be going after LBJ and Paul George? One thing is for certain, next week will be the start of a very interesting FA session. 

Edited by Godless

I’m sitting and waiting. Yeah MG’s boy can only get better with Kawhi but I’d love to have him. We can afford two stars right now so Bron Nd Kawhi would be my choice and add PG later to bring him home. I don’t know what we’d need to give u of our young core and don’t know what the Spurs r going to demand.  I really want my young boys to grow together so I’m stuck right now. We will see...

Yes sir LBJ to the Lakers. I saw it pop up as it was announced. He is a great player, he has a great record of accomplishments in the NBA. A lot of Laker fans are saying they are leaving following my boys because of this. We have a bunch of kids, a young core of talented players buy again, young and inexperienced.  I don’t want drama, I want the core to stay together and I want to run things for a long time. Right, that is what I desire, adding LBJ does not a Warriors beating team make. Maybe this can sway Kawhi to the Lakers so we can do something.  Oh I hope. LBJ in the West Coast?  I’m talking the stacked West coast.  A bunch of deep teams, oh let it be.  I am getting excited about this bit also cautious.  We shall see what this brings boys

Guest MormonGator
11 minutes ago, Dr T said:

Yes sir LBJ to the Lakers. I saw it pop up as it was announced. He is a great player, he has a great record of accomplishments in the NBA. A lot of Laker fans are saying they are leaving following my boys because of this. We have a bunch of kids, a young core of talented players buy again, young and inexperienced.  I don’t want drama, I want the core to stay together and I want to run things for a long time. Right, that is what I desire, adding LBJ does not a Warriors beating team make. Maybe this can sway Kawhi to the Lakers so we can do something.  Oh I hope. LBJ in the West Coast?  I’m talking the stacked West coast.  A bunch of deep teams, oh let it be.  I am getting excited about this bit also cautious.  We shall see what this brings boys

Congrats bud! Thought of you when I read the news. It's a big step for your franchise for sure! 

Like you, I'm excited for you guys, but I think you still have some work to do before you can contend with the Warriors. 

Edited by MormonGator

Lakers Trade Rumors: Kyle Kuzma ‘Off Limits’ In Kawhi Leonard Trade Talks

Im thinking I really wa t Kawhi but I also do not want to get rid of Kuz know he is so young and going to get better and Kawhi wants to be a Laker and he still has one year on his contract. 

Guest MormonGator

My concern is that there are more miles on the odometer than what we are aware of. LeBron is still the greatest player alive, but when all the pieces finally come into play, the he might be a bit more "battle worn". 

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, Dr T said:

Boogie is a thug. GSW r going to reign for years

He's a punk. I don't like him. But I agree that GS will now be the champions for the next two hundred years. 

Guest Godless

Supposedly this is what the Spurs want for Kawhi:

- Brandon Ingram
- Josh Hart
- Kyle Kuzma
- Two first-round picks
- Two pick swaps

Methinks Kawhi will spend one more year in SA...

Yessir godless, what we offered was dismisssed as not even close to consideration for Kawhi by the Spurs but on LA’s side NO way r we giving all those pieces. I say yes, I want him with my boys, but am willing to wait a year for him to come. 

Edited by Dr T

12 hours ago, MormonGator said:

He's a punk. I don't like him. But I agree that GS will now be the champions for the next two hundred years. 

I don’t like him as a person. He is a good center, a damaged good center though with a bad temper. 

What do u all think of how the NBA has turned into the GSW SUPER team?  Besides Houston last season it was basically a done deal, they had it in the bag. What kind of challenge and competition are they going to have next year?  Is this the right thing to have in the NBA?  Does the league need to do something about super team limits?  I don’t think they should but I also don’t like a complete super team taking the title every year either. Like when they denied CP3 coming to the Lakers “because that would not be good for the league” and I feel we got potentially got robbed of championships.  Will the NBA still be fun to watch?