Lakers

Dr T

WOW! What a great game tonight! In this game, LA vs. Miami (12/4/09) in back and forth exchanges for the lead the whole game through which had to be decided with the last shot, in the last second with the score 107-105 Miami leading. They gave the ball to Kobe, he dribbled in straight away, at the top beyond the arch, was leaning sideways, off balance, and he made the amazing buzzer beating shot by using the glass to win the game with a great three pointer to end it 108-107! That was our 8th consecutive win as we continue to hold the best record in the league. I really enjoyed the game tonight. The Heat were up with 3.2 seconds left and I really thought, "This has been a great game even if the Heat win tonight" but now it's even better that my boys won it. It was just wonderful. Dwayne Wade did great also but in the end we are now at 15-3 to start this season. Go Lakers! Edited by Dr T

Lakers vs. Jazz and home 12-9-09: We had a great fourth quarter to close up shop toight in our 101-77 Laker's win. I had a feeling Fish wouldn't do too hot against Williams and I was right. I'm happy with this win. I'll take it. GO LAKERS!

The game tonight vs. the T.Wolves was another home game and was a fine win for us. We were playing against our old assistant coach, Kurt Rambis. He knows the inner working of the Lakers' system and it looks like he's is doing a good job using it with his new team (at least how they were doing against us). Kobe hurt another finger tonight, his index finger but overcame that injured and still scored 20 points as we beat Minnesota 104-92. Kobe went to the bench to wrap his finger but then had to go into the locker room to get it really tapped up. It will be interesting how he does with a broken finger. Pau added 17 points and a career high 20 rebounds tonight too. Our best quarter of this game was the 3rd so that's good. I'm really liking what Artest is adding to the team too. Keep it up boys! We will really be facing a challenge playing the Jazz at their home next game. We'll see how it goes. GO LAKERS!

Edited by Dr T

Just as I thought. Playing Utah at home wan't easy. I was at my son's birthday party at a bowling alley tonight and was unable to watch. It looks like Kobe, Pau and Artest all had 16 points this game and Gasol grabbed another 20 rebounds as we fell to the Jazz tonight 102-94. It looks like we couldn't buy a three pointer this game. Kobe one for 9 and many many other players didn't hit any of them. I hope Kobe's hand isn't hurting him too badly. Today was our fourth loss this season. We have four more road games and I hope we win those. GO LAKERS!

12/15/09: Tonight vs. Bulls-Kobe played through his shootinbg hand's broken index finger and scored 42 points in a 96-87 win tonight in Chicago. In spite of Kobe's points, it was not his best game. Maybe he was trying to make up for is poor showing last game. He was sick and had the new broken figer. Kobe, you don't have to prove anything. Sometimes it's better for you to sit down. Pau has been a rebounding machine. Tonight he pulled down 16 rebounds. I'd like to get back on the winning track.

12/16/09: tonights game agaisnt the Bucks was difficult for me. My boys did not seem to really want it, Kobe took way too many shots again, and we had to go to OT and they took a 6 point lead at the very end. Kobe was able to hit a last second shot to win by one so I'll take it. Pau pulled down 22 boards tonight and I LOVE that! He is doing great. Kobe is still getting used to his broken finger whic still kills he said with particular plays during the game. The Lakers didn't really seem to earn a win tonight by how they were playing but in the end they did it so I'll take it. Go LAKERS!

12-20-09 Lakers vs. Pistons in Detroit. Kobe had 28 points we beat Detriot 93-81. Bynum had 16 points and Pau had another double-double (13 points, 11 boards). Our bench did horrible tonight. We were up 18 at the half and we won 3 of the 4 quarters but our fourth was just awful so Kobe had to come back into the game. We only had 10 points in that quarter. Artest had a good all around game tonight. Detroit were playing down three guys due to injury. We are not 22 and 4. We didn’t get into Detroit until 4 in the morning because of the snow storm so I’ll take this win. I’ll take this win.

Today's game (12/25/09) vs. Cavs at Staples Center was a sad showing. We got stomped by them today. They played really well, went up 20 then we cought up a little down to a workable range and then they went right back up to 20 again. Really, Kobe took and missed, way too many shots and we didn't do much good. Their bench played great and they were awesome. It looked like they all came to play and we didn't. Good work to the Cavs. We'll snap back. We re-signed Pau for another 3 years and I'm happy with that. GO Lakers!

My boys at Sac tonight to bounce back. The Kings came out to play today. Kobe shot for 38 points and Pau had 24, 6 blocked shots and 11 rebound. LO started the game today, 15 boards and 13 points. We had to go through 2 OTs to win 112-103. I'm thankful for the win and I like that Phil started LO. Go LAKERS!

I missed the game tonight to play games with the kids and I didn't feel bad about it. The main thing about tonights game would have to be that Kobe spread the ball around to the team. I think we are a better team when he puts it in other's hands. I worry about Pau's leg and hope it's not a big issue. He left in the first quarter and will get an ultrasound tomorrow. It also looks like the Mavs didn't shoot well. We were up 40 at the end of 3 and we played all players and each team member that played scored. That's a great thing. Go LAKERS!

I just read that Kobe’s 15 points scored last night tied him with Patrick Ewing for 15th on the NBA's career scoring list with 24,815 points. Last season, Bryant passed seven players while moving up the list. Next up is former Lakers GM Jerry West (25,192). If he keeps his current scoring pace, Kobe Bryant will catch Jerry West on the all-time scoring list in about 13 games.

1/5/10, Lakers vs. Rockets. Bynum led the way with 24 points as we won 88-79 at home. LO had 17 points, 19 rebounds and nine assists. I love that he's starting to play like he can. I hope Pau comes back soon. GO LAKERS!

NP godless :) Yeah, we got creamed by the Spurs. I went home sick from work at 5 and went to bed. Kobe went out of the game early I guess. I hope he comes back soon. I liked that he didn't shoot a ton but it turned out that he was out of the game. We have lost 3 of the last 4 games. :( Go Lakers!

• 2 weeks later...

Only good thing I want to say about last night's loss to the Cavs would be Kobe's free throw that got him to 25,000 points. He is the youngest player to get to that mark and it happened last night. He had 31 points but he took 31 hots! 31 shots! He doesn't need to do that. Play as a team and you do much better Kobe. Go Lakers!

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight's game against Memphis saw Kobe pass Jerry West, the guy used for the NBA Logo, as the Lakers scoring leader! Phil Jackson needs to win one game to be on top of Lakers most winningist couch. GO LAKERS! (we lost tonight btw) :(