Constitution Hanging by a Thread

deseretgov

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The opinion of one amateur is no more valid than is the opinion of another amateur who disagrees, but I thought I'd express my amateur opinion here anyway.

I've had a lot of years to go around the block, 40 of them as a Latter-day Saint. That still leaves me just an amateur on this subject but it is my opinion that America has already been pushed by our politicians and corrupt business leaders over a cliff. I don't think there is a recovery possible, we just haven't yet reached the splat part of the fall, we're still breathing and flailing around.

I realize that positive thinking, hope, faith etc. are all valid and vital and I think everyone should continue to do what they can to help improve our nation's circumstances. But I'm also aware of prophesies of very difficult times to come at some point in time.

I have never in my life seen conditions look so opportune for a world economic collapse, the introduction of a new currency as 'the solution' to the problem, and the advancement of Satan's counterfeit world government to the point where the Saints will need to be removed from further participation in the world's economy. There may be a physical separation of the righteous from the wicked.

With today's existing conditions, in my opinion, anytime now without further warning bank accounts could be seized/closed and/or our currency made worthless and/or stores closed and empty of goods.

It is my hope that right now every Latter-day Saint is focussing on emergency storage and preparations. Right now food in the basement is much more vital than cash savings in the bank, in my unlearned opinion....

Deseretgov, what is your gut feeling if Mexico collapse as a government, what effect would it have with our country? Should we annex the country as part of the union?

If we annexed Mexico, we might as well order the Grande Platter and get all of Central America as well. That way Book of Mormonlands tour groups would have a much easier time of it. :D

I confused about the historical context of this. As I understand it, Joseph Smith never made it to Utah. In fact, Paradise, Utah didn't exist until 1860(ish). That's 15 years after President Smith's death.

That is why it needs to be understood by the spirit. The leaders of the church (namely B.R McKonkie) have said some points are true but others may not be. So I wouldn't pass it off as untrue but be careful how it is interpreted. It was released after Joseph Smiths death that is why it could be a little mixed.

I sure hope he can pull off what everybody else thinks he can!

I think his first day in office shows great potential! Hip hip HORAY him getting rid of the lobbyist!

With the things going on now the second coming COULD be VERY near, BUT, I don't think so.

I have a mission to complete! Water has to run from under the temple in Jerusalem down to the Dead Sea. My kids patriarchal blessings say they have much more to happen! I'm looking forward to it but I'm afraid it is going to much much worse.

ahh but is that before the second coming or after? (regarding water flowing from under the temple)

For all we know it may already be happening:

Water Flowing From the Temple Mount?

I was on the Temple Mount a few months ago and saw a well cap or whatever and was told that there is lots of water below. That was in the place near the Dome of the Rock which is most likely where the temple will be built.

So, there's water there without doubt, but to fulfill the prophecy as I understand it, it needs to gush forth so much that it will flow into the Dead Sea and freshen it. At present the Dead Sea is receding significantly and becoming even more salty because the Israelis are using so much water from the Jordan that hardly any reaches the Dead Sea anymore.

It's interesting though that Israel is now quite green. They planted millions of trees, seeded clouds etc. and changed the climate so the desert blossoms like the rose. Jerusalem apparently now has more rainfall than Salt Lake City.

• 1 month later...

Greetings!

I stumbled on this conversation today, and found it so interesting that I read all of the comments, and decided to join the community to add my “amateur opinion.”

If You Look…

Our country is in a very unique position right now.

The topic of this discussion has been the White Horse Prophesy. I have only heard bits and pieces of it before. Many of you question the truth of it. At this point in history look at the facts, look at what is going on in our country. I do not know which parts of the White Horse Prophesy need the Joseph Smith Translation, but look at this:

• One friend in the LDS net community mentioned there is a pattern in The Book of Mormon about what is going on now. It is there if you look for it in several places including the place she mentioned in her thread.

• “If a man were to die, and then return, what message might those from the world beyond send back to us?” Read on and you’ll get the ISBN #

• Get the late Lance Richardson’s book The Message ISBN# 1-889025-04-6

o Read up on chapter 14 entitled Liberty. A portion states:

For one other purpose shall these things [the contents of this book] be written and shared. That this message may prick the hearts of many, help awaken them to the awful condition to which your country has declined, remind them of the multitude of prophecies which have been given concerning your day, and open their eyes to the fact that these same prophecies are being fulfilled before their very eyes. It is, indeed, that day and time. Your message is not new, but it must be a serious reminder…

God has given each of us the agency to choose what we want in life. He will not force His will upon us. He allows us the freedom to choose, whether good or bad. Liberty and ‘free will’ or ‘free agency,’ as you call it, are one and the same. Indeed, it is one of the greatest gifts we will ever receive from God...

The Declaration of Independence explains that there are God-given inalienable rights granted to man by God. This is truth. And the greatest of these is Liberty, for it is true Godly freedom…

He then explained how very few kingdoms of the world have ever experienced such freedoms. Very few have known true liberty…

We have given our all for the preservation of the United States of America…We continue to serve God in this effort, working upon the people of this nation to continue to choose sovereignty, peace, and freedom based upon the inalienable rights granted by God. We have, and still are, giving our all. Now what are you doing for this cause?

• Somewhere in the prophesy (it’s so big I couldn’t find it the 2nd time I read it) Joseph stated that people would be distracted. WE ARE VERY DISTRACTED!!! Read why:

• I wonder if those who suggested absorbing Mexico into the United States were joking or being serious because that is exactly what is going on.

o The North American Union is part of creating a World Order.

o Think I’m off my rocker? I first heard of it on a Christian radio program. I have done tons of research finding plenty of interesting things.

o Please go to Google or You Tube and type in

 NOW, ID Card, and “The Chip” (causes cancer!)

• There is 1 discrepancy.

o They said we’d all be “chipped” by 2008.

o Some are choosing to be “chipped.”

• England is using the card (i.e. chip) now

First UK ID Card Design Launched

o Go to You Tube:

 CNN Video:Lou Dobbs Slams CFR & North American Union

o Please go to: snopes.com: North American Union

 Of Course the NAU won’t be around by 2010, but….

 Notice the wonderfully and delicately way the last line is written.

o When I tried to find information on this being a hoax, I found plenty saying otherwise. A worried Canadian leader said the North American Union “is on track…”

o You might find some other fun things on Google about it if you still think I’m off my rocker.

ONE WORLD BANK, ONE WORLD ARMY, ONE ECONOMY, ONE WORLD RELIGION, ONE CENTER OF POWER… ONE GLOBAL ORDER.

Could our so-called “international currency” be a variation of the Euro called the Amero?

I watched Glenn Beck for the 1st time and was surprised to find that what he reported was perfectly on board with the progress of the NAU (careful when you Google NAU-you’ll get a clothes store too!)

Glenn Beck was pointing out attacks on Free Speech, private property including farms and your gardens. A family member jokingly pointed out we’d get nailed by the government for keeping food storage… I wasn’t laughing. Oh, and of course, the continual attacks on the right to bear arms. Most of President Obama’s cabinet members are very anti-gun. It would be unwise to get rid of our guns when Obama himself mentions our foreign terrorists fans are wanting to visit us again.

The fate of Proposition 8 in the courts of California is also crucial. Did you know this is the 2nd time Californians had to vote about gay marriages just like Prop 8? It was overturned. If this is overturned what does the Voice of the People matter? Texans voted down the TransTexas Corridor connecting Canada, The U.S., and Mexico. I even learned the SmartPort planned for the heart of America would be owned by Mexico. The corridor is still being planned. You will find all of this online.

Our Constitution and Declaration of Independence aren't in trouble are they?

But again as I said at the beginning,

I stumbled on this conversation today, and found it so interesting that I read all of the comments, and decided to join the community to add my “amateur opinion.”

I am an amateur, but Joseph Smith was an amateur, America was created and upheld by amateurs. God says He works through amateurs…Maybe because they listen more.

I may not pass this way again, but research, ponder, ask God…

What are you doing for this cause?

If You Look…

I don't think there is a recovery possible,

Recovery is possible.

However, all the "experts" are looking in the wrong places for answers.

It doesn't matter what the national debt is, or the deficit, or even how much product we export compared to import, or even how much we produce at all...

Tax rates, inflation, income per capita... all meaningless.

We need to repent as a nation and become a Christian nation again.

That is the only way to recover.

I think you made your point on the fact that God is being removed from schools, courthouses, and laws in general. It is true, if we continue down the road we're headed, there will be no recovery... only faster decline.

But, I just wanted to point out that recovery *is* possible.

We need to repent as a nation and become a Christian nation again.

This never was a Christian nation. That is revisionist history.

I see nothing wrong with believing in the need to repent to save the country. But it was never a Christian nation, nor was it intended to be.

I think you made your point on the fact that God is being removed from schools, courthouses, and laws in general.

God is not being removed from anything. There are Christian images that have been removed, as they violate the separation of church and state. I can't imagine a god who would really care about that.

Regardless, no one can force you, or anyone else, to stop believing in God. Everytime you enter a courthouse, if you want to pray to God, you can. Anytime a student goes to school, if he wants to pray, he can. He can't do it out loud in the classroom because it would be disruptive. But he can pray to God to himself.

However, if you want the judge to pray to God as part of the court proceeding, s/he can't. If you want the teacher to lead the children in a pray, s/he can't. Both the judge and the teacher are representatives of the government, i.e., the state, and must separate religious rituals from the working of the government.

That is how the founders intended it.

Elphaba

That is why it needs to be understood by the spirit. The leaders of the church (namely B.R McKonkie) have said some points are true but others may not be. So I wouldn't pass it off as untrue but be careful how it is interpreted. It was released after Joseph Smiths death that is why it could be a little mixed.

MoE misunderstood what someone had written, and that's what he was asking about. The mix-up was taken care of.

The point being, there was nothing here to be understood by the spirit, nor was there any need to interpret it.

Elphaba

...some of us seen this coming in 2000, 2003, and 2005 concerning a financial collapse.

I'm still waiting to see proof that you saw airplanes flying into tall buildings before September 11. I belive you said it was on another message board, so I assume the message should be retrievable.

Elphaba

I'm still waiting to see proof that you saw airplanes flying into tall buildings before September 11. I believe you said it was on another message board, so I assume the message should be retrievable.

Elphaba

After Kong swatted down a few airplanes, that were hindering his climb up the Empire State building with Fay Wray, perhaps a few crashed into buildings. I think this was back in 1933 or there abouts. Maybe Pam remembers. :lol:

After Kong swatted down a few airplanes, that were hindering his climb up the Empire State building with Fay Wray, perhaps a few crashed into buildings. I think this was back in 1933 or there abouts. Maybe Pam remembers. :lol:

And quite fittingly for this board, Fay Wray was a Mormon born in Cardston, Alberta. :)