Getting Baptized!!!

Bethie

An Evening of Incredible JOY! I was baptized last night. The Bishop said I was GLOWING! It was such a beautiful beginning of a new life in Christ and I will be officially a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as I am confirmed next Sunday and receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost.

About 35 guests attended, I was surprised at the turnout, they had to set up more chairs and the room was full!

Even though I only had just attended Relief Society for the first time that morning, about 5 ladies from the group attended and brought treats.

I choose the two hymns sung, two of my favorites, first "The Spirit of God" and the concluding hymn, "If You Could Hie to Kolob". The Spirit in the room was amazing, everyone felt it, and I wish I had remembered to bring kleenex, because their were lots of tears of JOY and Gratitude!

The Brighton Stake where I was baptized, is a beautiful building and for the last few months whenever we drove by it, I would say, "I'm going there someday." I had no idea it would be for my baptism! My Heavenly Father knew.

I talked to the Bishop Sunday morning and he agreed that my situation (sharing a home with Beau) is unusual, but he agreed that Beau is a Good Samaritan and takes

care of me and supports me through everything inculding my health problems, through the goodness of his heart. The Bishop said I would not be penalized for this and he said he could see my innocence. He said some members may look at us "questioningly", but he said it is his job to Shephard and protect those in the Church

and he will watch over me. Such a Blessing! More than I ever expected.

So on the public Gallery here and on my Profile Gallery, I have posted three pictures from the blessed evening.

Thank you to all who have prayed for me. Your prayers, and mine, have been answered in ways more wonderful than I could have imagined!!!

God Bless you!

I found this beautiful quote from President Gordon B. Hinckley on Baptism:

"Baptism into this Church is a serious thing. It represents a covenant made with our Heavenly Father. It is much more than a right of passage. It is a gateway to a new manner of living, and a new road on which to walk that leads to immortality and eternal life. It was never intended as a dead end. It was intended to open a glorious and wonderful way of life to all who would walk in obedience to the commandments of God." - President Gordon B. Hinckley

A few days ago I was thinking when people are baptized in this true Church. I was thinking this - when people say yes to baptism Heavenly Father smiles down at His daughter/son because they said yes. When that person is dunked in the water Heavenly Father sheds tears of happiness because of the wonderful event. And when that person is confirmed, Heavenly Father cheers for His daughter/son. And Jesus is right there with Him, smiling, crying, and cheering for His Brothers and Sisters, those who have joined His fold.