Suspicious powder found in temple annex

mrbeanroxs

I have found stories of the powder at all the major news network websites, one of which carried the story about the old woman. In fact, I found these stories with greater ease than I was able to find the results of the actual vote. Everyone can calm down a little about media bias now.

What's more, this is exactly the kind of story that shouldn't be sensationalized, as it just sparks more contention from both sides. Everyone take a deep breath and relax.

I hope everyone is ok. Hope this is just a single incident and won't happen again. :(

ksl.com - White powder discovered at 2nd LDS temple

Edit: Looks like they just found another letter in the LA temple. :(

What next? Extermination of the Mormons? Now, we truly see the working of those who are claiming they want tolerance. Like I said, perhaps it is time for natural means to reduce a few thugs in this land.

You can clearly see, what was my previous pre-mortal life calling was....:lol:

Interesting how when people or the media think the LDS are involved in something that would be construed as hate..it hits the news big time...when reversed...hardly a mention.

Remember the Nephite wars? Who were the author of these contentions? Same problem with the beginning of the church, who was the main culprit of the hatred for the church and its leaders? :D

What next? Extermination of the Mormons? Now, we truly see the working of those who are claiming they want tolerance. Like I said, perhaps it is time for natural means to reduce a few thugs in this land.

You can clearly see, what was my previous pre-mortal life calling was....:lol:

Did you perhaps go by the name Porter Rockwell in another life?

I've never seen anything besides fear and outrage come from "suspicious white powder" being found somewhere. I seriously doubt anyone is in danger besides some poor gay person who may get beat to death in "retaliation."

Don't get me wrong, I think it is truly sad that someone thought this was a good idea and I sincerely hope the person behind this is caught an punished (I visit the Temple Square from time to time and value my life as much as the next person). I do however hope people keep a cool head when reacting to this and not give in to the desired effect of the incident.

I do however hope people keep a cool head when reacting to this and not give in to the desired effect of the incident.

I do too, but I think that's already not happened. I first heard about this incident when I read about it on a friend's blog (she lives in Centerville, UT), and she was freaking out about it.

I think No on 8 people and the protesters are smart enough to know not to do anything to truly hurt the Church, especially the quintessential world renown monument that represents the Church. The point was to scare (like you said) and to incense. They are looking for a reaction, and they've already got it.

Members near the Draper temple were asked to watch out for the temple and spend the night on the grounds as it is being constructed. I dont see how these don't fit under hate crimes

It is a hate crime if someone would leave a "suspicous white powder' in a gay nightclub or neighborhood.

When gay supporters leave it in a Christian building...its not

When white cops in Philly kick a black man suspected of killing a cop, it was a hate crime

when that same gentleman shot a white cop in the face at point blank range....it wasn't

When a group of black student kick a white student to death in Louisiana...its not a hate crime.

When a group of muslims hijcak a plane and kill 3,000 people...its our fault, we brought it on ourselfs by supporting Israel,

When a British news anchor requests a cabbie "without a turban" due to it alarming her young daughter...she's a racist and loses her job.

When a white guy won't vote for a black man, and explains why he won't due to his policies, he's a hate-mongering racist...

and when 10,000,000 people VOTE for a state amendment to define marriage between a man and a woman.... they are all homophobic hate mongering, religous zealots....

New story from ksl about the FBI analyzing the powder. It says another letter showed up at a Catholic Knights of Columbus printing press in Connecticut. They also say something else was in the envelope besides the powder.

ksl.com - FBI continues to analyze powder mailed to LDS temples

I'm not glad that this is happening, but I'm glad to see that we're not the only ones being singled out. At least our "haters" recognize that LDS aren't the only ones that voted for Prop 8. Does that make sense, or does it just sound bad?

Last night on Fox News they mentioned a LDS chapel being vandalized and a Book of Mormon burned at the front door. I didn't catch where this was -- I think in Michigan? Not sure. Bill O'Reilly said it was because the Mormons had taken a stand on Prop. 8.

Looks like it was Michigan. And this article uses the magic words: hate crime.

FOXNews.com - Culture War Erupts in America - Bill O'Reilly | The O'Reilly Factor

Last night on Fox News they mentioned a LDS chapel being vandalized and a Book of Mormon burned at the front door. I didn't catch where this was -- I think in Michigan? Not sure. Bill O'Reilly said it was because the Mormons had taken a stand on Prop. 8.

I found a video on his site about that.

Bill O'Reilly | The O'Reilly Factor - FOXNews.com

Its the first video that starts to play when you visit the site. The video is called Talking Points: 11/13.

Edit: Direct link to video:

http://media2.foxnews.com/111308/111308_oreilly_points_B1200.flv