Another Newbie

corrys

I am a new member of this forum and am not LDS. I am, however, contemplating becoming a member of the church. I have been attracted to the LDS church ever since my early days.

I think the biggest thing that may hold me back is I'm afraid I could not remain friends with all the non-LDS friends that I have. Also, I am concerned how the church would treat me since I would probably initially need to join the church on my own. I'm sure my wife would not join immediately because of all the negative things she's heard about Mormons over the years. I'm hoping that by my witness my wife and two kids would also eventually join the church.

Hi Corryes welcome. I could say the same about muself about 20 years a go. Actually I did not know LDS church from before but when I heard about it I knew that was what I been looking for all my life! It is great to be LDS! I hope all the best for you. Dont give up! Try to get your wife with kids to a church activity... maybe she will change her mind. It is sad with all that negativity and lies spread around.

Hello and welcome. I am a convert and although my husband did not object to my baptism he refused to attend. In fact none of my family came. After my baptism his heart did soften and he allowed my children to be baptised on condition they only went if they desired to go and he came to their baptisms. Although he has no desire to join the church he is now friendly towards the members. Even his best friend is a member of the church. I still have many friends who are non LDS. My kids now they are older choose not to come to church but I know they still carry it in their hearts. Has it been easy, no it has its challenges but has it been worth it, Yes definately. It was the best decision I ever made and I have no regrets. It has brought so much into my life I wouldn't swap it for anything.