Swedish Catholic

minutz3

Hello,

well, to make a short story of my introduction, I am, and have always been, a Swede, and was born Lutheran, but have been Atheist most of my life. I have studied Islam, Buddhism, and found Christianity after having studied almost all other beliefs first, and well, I studied Martin Luther and was frightened of what he said and everything. I eventually - throug praying and looking at the facts - became a Catholic this year, in March to be precise.

The fun thing though is that what opened my eyes to Christianity and belief in God at all, I believe, was some Mormon tips I found on the Internet, that it's not just important to live by God's Eternal Law by doing things the right way, but also not to think or say things that are "not good". Of course, the thing about polygamous Marriage did frighten me when I heard about that...

I have no intention what-so-ever to become a Mormon, but I've heard that we Catholics and Mormons have some common ethical and moral grounds, which I am curious about.

Edited by minutz3
spelling

I beleive Catholic and l.d.s do have some similarities more so than any others. anyway If it were me and something caught my attention as to totall goodness, i would try and follow up. Thats how the spirit works. It will not force, but speak to you in a very soft whisper. it is then up to you. Welcome to the board and look forward to talking ideas with a nice Catholic person as yourself.:)