Seeing spirits

StallionMcBeastly

Guest queriesqueries

I know this sounds like a bad internet rumour, but I'll put it out there anyway.

There's a story in my family about my uncle, who had been out shopping as a teen and bought new shoes. Carrying them home, he saw a little boy, sitting on the ground in the cold... with no coat, in bare feet. My uncle saw him, and was inspired with the thought, "I should give him my shoes."

He decided against it. "I just bought these. They won't fit him. It's not my problem." He ignored the boy and walked past... but only a few steps before his conscience pricked him again, and he turned around to talk to the boy... who was now gone.

I know, it's bad. Doctrinal twinkie. But my dad swears it happened.

While telling stories like this seems wholesome and faith-promoting, usually the occurrences are for the individual alone, and not for public consumption. Most concerning is when these stories seem to suggest some new doctrine to folllow that has not come through normal priesthood authority and channels.

It is real. It happens.

I agree with Tom. I know these experiences happen. I think sometimes the world between humans and spirits come together. But I think these experiences are sacred and meant for the individual and perhaps for a select few as directed by the spirit. I agree that they are not for public consumption unless directed by the spirit to be shared.

There are encounters other than by sight with spirits. I know this to be true. Some posters have suggested that they are not for public disclosure. This is not exactly true but likely falls under the category of “casting pearls before swine”. So the internet is not a good forum for such things.

Pushka: There are two kinds of spirits with whom we can have contact. The spirits that operate through the use of Mediums are not pure or clean spirits by and from G-d.

I would also point out that in general those that encounter holy spirits from G-d are more likely to be chastised or warned than to be congratulated or informed.

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler

Guest DeborahC

I saw a giant UFO with my boyfriend once.. does that count? ::laughing::

Seriously, (and I'm serious about the UFO), I've had experiences seeing spirits or souls and I agree, they are personal. But I did have one experience that people might find interesting, and isn't a "dead person spirit" sighting.

I got on the public bus one day.

There were all sorts of people on there from homeless people to business people to children.

I was reading a book, when all of a sudden something encouraged me to look up...

I looked up.. and what I saw was a sort of cone-shaped light or aura above and around each and every person. These were so high they nearly touched the roof of the bus. It was a wonder to behold, and I looked, wide eyed, until I had to blink.... then it all disappeared.

I have no idea what I saw except I believe I saw the Spirit of each human, which was equally bright and beautiful, no matter who they were, how old, what sex, etc.

It was not the same thing people call an "aura."

This was different.. more beautiful and spectacular... and no, I don't do drugs ::laughing::

Anyway.. it made me realize that we're all SPIRITS wearing bodies... and that those bodies can be grizzled and misleading... and that we need to look WITHIN, and realize what and who we really are.... all of us.

I think most people at church have had experiences - only one I can share is that prior to my son's birth our kettle (I am in the UK electric kettles are standard equipment) constantly clicked of its own accord, the day he was born it stopped however as soon as he became mobile and could reach he started clicking the kettle himself.

-Charley

I think most people at church have had experiences - only one I can share is that prior to my son's birth our kettle (I am in the UK electric kettles are standard equipment) constantly clicked of its own accord, the day he was born it stopped however as soon as he became mobile and could reach he started clicking the kettle himself.

-Charley

That's cute. :)

That's cute. :)

:)I think so now looking back it was entirely Gabey lol - its funny because of my 3 sucessful pregnancies his was the only spirit I didn't feel close, but now I know him he is much more a physical than emotional type, he was just reminding us it was his turn next. But have to say my 'weird' clairvoyant moments in life have been more to do with the prexistence than those who have gone on.

-Charley

Guest DeborahC

You know mediums are full of crap right?

Wow.. to me that is like saying,

"You know ____________ are full of crap, right?"

Fill in the blank with anything... mormons, catholics, men, women, priests, missionaries, gays, blacks, whites, mexicans, schoolteachers, politicians, lawyers, doctors, nurses... I mean it's sort of an ignorant blanket statement, in my opinion.:lol:

When saying medium are you referencing to a psychic? Or someone who says they speak to the dead?

A psychic medium is someone who makes contact with those who have crossed over. When you say speak.. we can all speak to those who have crossed.. Just like we speak with God.. it is the hearing part we have troubles with.

Mediums are like radios that pick up the transmissions and then convert the signals into sound and then play those sounds through a speaker which we can hear.

Some mediums do see.. some hear.. some receive images or impressions.. some feel or are empathic. And some have a combination of all.

Edited by MrNirom

While telling stories like this seems wholesome and faith-promoting, usually the occurrences are for the individual alone, and not for public consumption. Most concerning is when these stories seem to suggest some new doctrine to follow that has not come through normal priesthood authority and channels.

It is real. It happens.

Concur with Tom.

Hey guys, I'm down in Australia by the way. They recently had a tv series called "The One". It was a weekly show where top pychics around the country competed to become the nations number one psychic. Each week they competed in different events. I don't know which pyschic was the worst. But in the end the one that was the least hopeless won the show.

I used to be amazed by John Edwards in particular. The show he hosts is called "Crossing Over" (I think). Then I found out the guy has debunked so many times and he is nothing but a scammer. I would love to find out the psychics really were pyschic to be honest, but... Why do you guys believe in it? I mean on what grounds do you believe in them.

some people have gifts. i have a couple of odd ones. like being able to wake up at a particular time without an alarm clock.

i would think there are a number of gifts of this order that are real and not bunk or evil. seeing others who are not here now is no more unlikely is it?

talk to any family history researcher. they can tell you a lot of stories they have experienced.

which brings up the idea that if you do see something like that, it has to have a purpose. and i doubt getting a few dollars for it is good enough reason for it to happen.

I have a very good friend who was 'psychic'. She drew a portrait of the Yorkshire Ripper (English serial killer from the 80's/90's) months before he was caught, she could tell you things about your family etc that she couldn't possibly know or guess at but the day she was baptised that 'gift' disappeared. She is now just like the rest of us, living simply by her faith.

some people have gifts. i have a couple of odd ones. like being able to wake up at a particular time without an alarm clock.

i would think there are a number of gifts of this order that are real and not bunk or evil. seeing others who are not here now is no more unlikely is it?

talk to any family history researcher. they can tell you a lot of stories they have experienced.

which brings up the idea that if you do see something like that, it has to have a purpose. and i doubt getting a few dollars for it is good enough reason for it to happen.

I don't think waking up at a particular time without an alarm clock is a "spiritual" gift.... I do that too. It's because your body gets "programmed" when to wake up when you waken at the same time every morning.