Twilight- On Screen

StrawberryFields

I went to see Twilight, the movie Friday Night with my family in tow. I was so excited waiting for the movie to start which seem to take forever.

I am the only one who had read the books but everyone enjoyed it. We are going again tomorrow. :D Well maybe not ALL of us lol.

I read the books and loved them. I was a little disappointed in the movie. Don't get me wrong, I still really liked it. I thought that the movie was very true to the book, and I know they packed as much into two hours as possible, but it just seemed like a lot of stuff was missing.

Everyone that I have talked too absolutely LOVED the casting, especially Edward.

I think Alice, Esme, Jacob, Billy Black, James, Laurent, and Victoria were spot on. Bella, Jasper, and Emmett were okay but I was really disappointed in Edward, Rosalie and Carlisle. (Was it just me or could Carlisle and Data from Star Trek be brothers?) I think that Edward was just so built up in my mind after reading about his "drop dead" looks for four novels that anyone cast in the role was bound to be a disappointment.

I am certainly excited that New Moon is in the works and look forward to seeing Jacob Black's character take a larger roll. (Hmmmm....Would you believe that I ALMOST like Jacob better than Edward?)

Anyway, that is my two cents! :-)

I read the books and loved them. I was a little disappointed in the movie. Don't get me wrong, I still really liked it. I thought that the movie was very true to the book, and I know they packed as much into two hours as possible, but it just seemed like a lot of stuff was missing.

Everyone that I have talked too absolutely LOVED the casting, especially Edward.

I think Alice, Esme, Jacob, Billy Black, James, Laurent, and Victoria were spot on. Bella, Jasper, and Emmett were okay but I was really disappointed in Edward, Rosalie and Carlisle. (Was it just me or could Carlisle and Data from Star Trek be brothers?) I think that Edward was just so built up in my mind after reading about his "drop dead" looks for four novels that anyone cast in the role was bound to be a disappointment.

I totally agree with you. That is exactly how I felt about the movie...Finally someone who thinks bella didn't do a good job!! I simply said they should have made the movie longer like Titanic! People won't mind sitting for a long time watching a GREAT movie! Can't wait for New Moon!! WOOHOO:D

One of the people who went with us was intent on reading the book before she saw the movie. She read it in the car on our way to Provo. She was even reading it through the previews at the movie.:lol: After seeing the movie I told her that she would still enjoy the movie because a lot was left out due to time.

New Moon is going to be a movie as well? Does anyone know the release date?

My Husband said he wouldn't mind seeing it with me. I was like 'WHAT?!?!' His reasoning was that he likes going to the movies, so any excuse is a good one to get movie theater pop corn. I'm still not sure if I'll see it. I guess if the opportunity comes along to see it I'll do it, otherwise I won't sweat it.

I was a little disappointed with the movie. I understand that it was low budget and there was a lot to fit into two hours. I wish there was more with Edward's family and other relationips Bella had, not just the relationship with Edward. I think they could have done an incredible job if they had added more detail and made it a three hour movie. I think fans would have sat through it if it was a little longer.

When some people have heard it was about Vampires they have been totally turned off. Yes there are vampires in the story but ROMANCE is really more what it is about IMHO. :D

Romance and being able to accept someone who is different.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, im just new here and im glad i heard about twilight just recently- why? because by then all the 4 books were out so i didnt have to wait for each one of them to come out- urgh! the agony! I remebered getting hooked on Harry Potter and it was only the 3rd bok out. And there were 7 booksin all- imagine the anxiety and endless speculation!

ok, the movie- well, it of course does not live up to the book exactly but the sincerity of it to stay true to the written word cannot be denied. Before I watched it, I have read all the books- in exactly 5 days- and i watched the movie on the opening day. Since it was released earlier in the US-here in Asia it was the 26th- I was able to read thru some very nasty reviews so I came to the movie not really expecting so much from it. So, I liked it! I came in with 0 expectation and I came away liking it- not bad huh?anyway, it's not like it was Lord of the Rings or something- but it was ok> Oh man, the reaction from the largely female audience was overwhelming, they screamed at every romantic scene and the 1st appearance of the cullens. I have to say that the 1st appearance of Edward is a draw with Carlisle- with the screaming I mean.

Id have to agree that the Edward character is so perfect in the book, anybody would have fallen short of it. I have a few ideas though of who could play it better- on looks alone, but what the hey, i think rob pattinson did a decent job of it.

I am excited about New Moon but I was just wondering- as do other fans- how can they make the Jacob Black actor sprout additional height- 6'7" already on New Moon- and pack the abs of steel and muscles described. I have an actor in mind but if they get him, he will be more good looking than Edward- hahaha. Anybody seen The Covenant? The guy who played the lead there? I think he will be great!

Anyway I am blabbing- for a 1st time poster that is. Ok, Ive about watched it 5x already so yes, I am pathetic, hhaha. Although i do really have a lot of issues on the dialogues taken from the book- i think some of those dont fit really into the scenes- example- when Bella said to edward that he should have let the van squished her so he wont have regrets. In the book,She only said that because he was avoiding her- to the point of rudeness after the accident. It wasnt established in the movie- in fact we can see that he was going out of his way talking to her all the time so that dialogue was a little off for me.

Ok im sorry i said i will stop sorry! Im sounding like an obssessive compulsive stalker and rabid salivating creep so thats my ...hmm. ..take on the whole of it. I hope they work out more edward in New Moon without totally rewriting the original plot -since in the book he was only on it on the 1st and latter parts. Its more Jacob there, hence my concern on the actor who gets to play it.

When some people have heard it was about Vampires they have been totally turned off. Yes there are vampires in the story but ROMANCE is really more what it is about IMHO. :D

I come from opposite land.

Hypothetical person: Hey, there's a movie with vampires in it.

Me: Cool, cool. I might be interested in seeing that.

Hypothetical person: It's about romance!

Me: Ewwwww, no! You'd have to PAY me to go through THAT torture!

Poor vampires. They've been completely wussified into romantic figures. I can't imagine being a vampire now.

Me!Vampire: YES, I am a vampire! I prowl the night and drain the blood of my victims! My eyes glow red with murderous intent!

Fancreature: OMG, you are so HOT!

Me!Vampire: ...What...? I'm scary. I kill people... See? Fangs? Pale, dead skin...?

Fancreature: No, silly! There's been a revolution in vampire portrayal! Now you're hot!

Me!Vampire: Whatever, I kill you! ...Wait... I'm suddenly filled with conflicting feelings! I want to drain your blood, but I also find you attractive for no explainable reason!

Fancreature: <3 Wait until you step into the sunlight!

Me!Vampire: What...? OH &%^*, I SPARKLE!

I think vampires have deviated so far that they'd probably be more accurately considered to be some kind of blood-eating fae.

I've heard that at least Alice gets a cool scene in the end fight of the movie. Heck, I've heard there IS an end fight. When I got to that part of the book I wanted to repeatedly smack my head against something hard out of frustration.

I say! The world must be crazy. (It can't be me!)

Edited by Crow
spelling

I come from opposite land.>snip<I say! The world must be crazy. (It can't be me!)

You've never heard a super scary vampire voice until you hear Edward, whose voice drops so low you think, that after 520395 years, and at that very moment, he finally hit puberty:

"SAY IT! OUT LOUD!"

Bella, who is shaking like a leaf: "Vampire."

Ediward: "Are you afraid"?

Bella, exhales to keep her voice from shaking: "No."

And just because I'm an old lady WHO LOVED THIS MOVE:

YouTube - Twilight-Car Crash Scene Thingo From MTV Spoilers

I've seen it twice, and would love to go again. Anyone want to go on a date?

Elphaba, who would love to "Say It!"

Edited by Elphaba

Elphie are you saying you LIKED the movie? I'm seriously trying to make sure I understand what you are saying.

Well, let's put it this way. I was dead serious asking if someone wanted to go on a date with me to see it.

It's not as if I ask people on dates, ever, because this would be just plain pathetic.

But, Twilight is the exception!

YES, I LOVED THE MOVIE!

Any more questions? :P

Elphie

Wow for someone that couldn't get through the first book that's amazing. I haven't seen it yet. So if we decided to go should I tell you the movie starts at 1:00 when it really starts at 3:00? hahahahaha

Wow for someone that couldn't get through the first book that's amazing. I haven't seen it yet. So if we decided to go should I tell you the movie starts at 1:00 when it really starts at 3:00? hahahahaha

Okay, what is this???

Why does everyone tell me I'm late all of the time????

I'm starting to take it personal!

:P

You want to go..it's a date!

I'm going with my daughter again tomorrow night...she is so sweet to me!!!

Reva