Seeking the truth; RLDS vs. LDS

Hootie

Hello to all!

I am an 11 year member of The Community of Christ Chruch (RLDS). I have come to this site seeking the truth and to further my relationship with God. I have friend that is a convert to the Mormon faith and we have been talking non stop about her testimony and beliefs. It needs to be said that I have fallen in love with her and I know how important her faith and church is to her. I see a long term future with her and I want our lifes to be as one in as many ways as possible. The CofC believes in a lot of the same teachings that the Mormon church does but I need to know more. I am on a personal quest to find a better understanding of our two churches and to see if conversion is the answer for me. I feel God calling me and I am answering his call with a thirst for knowledge and understanding. Any help or advice that can be offered will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I agree with Ben...I'm also a convert, and the missionaries told me that I have to make sure I'm doing this because of ME first. At the time I had my family, my husband and my daughter. So I could see thier concern. Most importantly you have to be happy with your decision! And only do it for you! Everything will come at its own time and pace. Learn everything, breathe in everything! And most importantly pray!

:)

I'm not sure where to start. One you sure type good for a 11 year old.

go to mormon.org

Read through the site as if you didn't know anything about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon (even though you do). Take it at face value. I think as you go through the site you well see how things are different.

THEN when questions come up, come back here (or on the mormon.org site) and ask the questions you have.

As you know, the key to all of this is Joseph Smith a prophet of God! Did Joseph Smith see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ (two people with bodies)

Did Joseph Smith get the priesthood, did Joseph Smith Translate the book of mormon.

After all of that, then you have to figure out is was Brigham Young the next prophet, or not?

you have to figure out is was Brigham Young the next prophet, or not?

That is exactly what I was going to say. You should listen/read to Truman G. Madsen's Presidents of the Church lecture series, mainly the end of the Joseph Smith and the entirety of the Brigham Young. Br. Madsen uses very good sources, and some of his stories truly gave me chills.

Hello to all!

I am an 11 year member of The Community of Christ Chruch (RLDS). I have come to this site seeking the truth and to further my relationship with God. I have friend that is a convert to the Mormon faith and we have been talking non stop about her testimony and beliefs. It needs to be said that I have fallen in love with her and I know how important her faith and church is to her. I see a long term future with her and I want our lifes to be as one in as many ways as possible. The CofC believes in a lot of the same teachings that the Mormon church does but I need to know more. I am on a personal quest to find a better understanding of our two churches and to see if conversion is the answer for me. I feel God calling me and I am answering his call with a thirst for knowledge and understanding. Any help or advice that can be offered will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

How about a compromise?

You join the Church of Christ [Temple Lot] ( The Church of Christ, Restored April 6, 1830, Independence Missouri ) or the Church of Jesus Christ ( The Church of Jesus Christ ) together?