My Favorite Things

Wingnut

For the entire month of November, I posted on my blog each day something I was thankful for. There were some big things, and some small things (like disposable diapers instead of cloth ones I'd have to wash). My sister took inspiration from me and from Thanksgiving until Christmas she is posting daily some of her "favorite things." I thought it would be fun to do it here too.

So, what are some of your favorite things about Christmas? Or this time of year in general?

Some of mine (surely to be added to) are:

*Christmas music (and not boring Christmas music!!)

*The "hunt" (for the perfect tree)

*The smell of a freshly cut Christmas tree in the house

*The joy of discovery when I unwrap ornaments to hang

*Anticipation

*Family

*Vacation

*Surprises

*Finding the perfect gift

*Wrapping the perfect gift

*Baking

*Eating

mY GROWN DAUGHTERS AND GRANDKIDS OF ALL AGES SPEND AT LEAST ONE DAY IN THE KITCHEN BAKING COOKIES AND MAKING CANDIES. iT IS A TRADITION SINCE MY GRANDSONS WERE LITTLE. tHEY ARE NOW MARRIED WITH KIDS OF THEIR OWN. mY YOURGER GRANDDAUGHTER ARE RIGHT IN THERE HELPING GRANNY. oF COURSE cHRISTMAS DINNER IS SPECIAL AND THE STORY OF THE FIRST cHRISTMAS TOLD BY MY DAUGHTER.

I love snow! I love how the seasons change and how the mountains around my home look so beautiful with their snowy caps.

I love the excitement of dressing up the fam for a Christmas party and the feeling of hugging family you haven't seen for a while as you share all the "my goodness the children have grown" sentiment.

I love the taste of peppermint hot chocolate after a long Saturday of sledding.

I love the feeling of warm soft socks and a warm throw around my shoulders as I look out the window and the the Christmas lights of the neighborhood glow as the snow falls.

I love the words of Christmas carols -- Peace on earth....Pine cones and Holly berries.....What are you doing New Year's Eve........Joy to the World......All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth.....Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer.......Sleep in heavenly Peace

I love that Christmas is about Christ. I love what that means as my mind and heart is humbled every year as the hustle and bustle of wanting "things" and how the emptiness of all of it reminds me of the lasting happiness of the gospel.

I suppose that is enough of a list for today......

Merry Christmas to all.......and to all a good night!

I love snow! I love how the seasons change and how the mountains around my home look so beautiful with their snowy caps.

I love the excitement of dressing up the fam for a Christmas party and the feeling of hugging family you haven't seen for a while as you share all the "my goodness the children have grown" sentiment.

I love the taste of peppermint hot chocolate after a long Saturday of sledding.

I love the feeling of warm soft socks and a warm throw around my shoulders as I look out the window and the the Christmas lights of the neighborhood glow as the snow falls.

I love the words of Christmas carols -- Peace on earth....Pine cones and Holly berries.....What are you doing New Year's Eve........Joy to the World......All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth.....Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer.......Sleep in heavenly Peace

I love that Christmas is about Christ. I love what that means as my mind and heart is humbled every year as the hustle and bustle of wanting "things" and how the emptiness of all of it reminds me of the lasting happiness of the gospel.

I suppose that is enough of a list for today......

Merry Christmas to all.......and to all a good night!

I love how you're being all serious and sentimental, and then BOOM! Grandma got run over by a reindeer?