American Indians and Finnish

Maya

Finnish language has quite a lot incommon with Amayara, Quechua, Mayanga (Sumu), Nathuatli, Yanomam and Mapuchesta. I also have heard a north american indiantribe speak language which sounded to me as if I should understand it...:eek:

Also that mt-X hablo DNA is from middle-east and you can find it in: Ojibwa-, Sioux-, Nuu-Chah-Nulth-, Navajo- ja Yakima indians

Facinating topic. Finnish is one of the languages JRR Tolkien studied as a philologist. He studied ancient languages and gleaned history out of the meanings held within the words. He "created" the elvish languages of Quenya and Sindarin mainly based on Finnish. He also had something to say about Native Americans but I can't seem to find it (I have probably 1,000 pages of writings on these topics so it would be hard to find!).

Anyways, Native Americans (Indians) did not all come across a land bridge from Siberia to Alaska. Many migrated across the Atlantic from Europe and the mid-east. Many of the tribe of Joseph came to North America. Egyptians also, as well as some northern Europeans.... way way way before Leif Erikson. Try 500 to 700 BC. Even earlier.

Ever wonder why some central American tribes built pyramids? They had originally lived in Egypt.

Why are there European style burial mounds along the Mississippi and European stone structures in North America?

It seems reasonable then that traits of Finnish might be found in some native american language.

It is also interesting that according to Tolkien the Elves migrated from a sea in the east to the west.... almost symbolic of the Native American origins....

Edited by Elrond

But the Finnish language would probably not have made it to Central and South America. It could have found its way to the Northeast of America, via Leif Erickson, etc.

They came here way way before Leif did. They sailed up the Mississippi and Ohio rivers like 1,500 to 2,000 years before that.

I agree it was in North America, because it seems that mainly Egyptians settled in South and central America.[

Unfortunately this is history you won't learn in school. I wish they taught it.....

Moksha! shame on you..... ;) (hissss.... bite) :P

Edited by Elrond
because I can!

I have a small theory for the finnish where they come from.. as no one knows... The old theory that finns came from east is obviosly wrong after the latest finds. I think we are one of the lost tribes... :D That is also why our language has resemblance to some of the laguages of the American indians... especially those of Lehis people!

Oh yes Elrond.. I forgot that... my sons knew that... :lol: I love the films of the tolken stories.

Quechua and Aymara not like... ok good to know. There you see howmuch you can trust a m negative person :P

Well I quess small vampyres have to start early..... Bluberry soup?? Or just in love with ketchup?

Yes Sami dansing and singing is VERY much like indians. I was once in paw waw... in California. I just loved it... all those magnificiant clothes...

I've personally also noticed many similarities in facial structure of Peruvians and Japanese. There is the popular theory (the most popular, I think) that the people of Hagoth (in the Book of Mormon) sailed to New Zealand and settled there, but I have also heard it theorized that they went past New Zealand and settled in Japan.

I'm thinking that we sometimes attempt too hard to find ties or links. How, for example would mailis know what the Lehite language would be like today? Nephi wrote in Reformed Egyptian that was changed by the time it got to Moroni. And the languages of natives already present would have lost, distorted or changed their Hebrew almost entirely by the time we get 2 1/2 millennium down the road from Lehi.

How many Lamanites spoke Hebrew in Moroni's time? I would think none. How many Nephites survived the final battles? Too few to highly influence society.

Now, is it possible that other groups may have influenced the various Native American tribes? Of course. Is there evidence that Fins came up the Mississippi River? I haven't seen any solid evidence whatsoever, so am skeptical.

Myths and legends are nice, but they do not show forth strong evidence of anything.

A Finnish friend of mine in college got her patriarchal blessing and was listed as being part of the tribe of Mennassa so I suppose there may be some link -- Lehi's family was not all of the descendants of Joseph.

Genetics would make it hard to confirm or denigh anything though. Joseph married and ancient Egyptian -- who knows if many of those peoples exist today in Egypt. I read a study on Egyptian genetics that claimed there was no evidence that Negro blood existed in modern Egyptians but that to me seems very unlikely since Egyptians were invaded by Nubians a few times and some pharoahs were black. Also, black slaves were imported into Egypt and even though in the Muslim times many of the males were castrated the women must have contributed genes. Sometimes Egyptians are born with red or blonde hair (probably throwbacks to earlier peoples since pharoahs were often quite light -- Rameses was a red head) but then again they could be from Jewish or ancient Libyan or...

If one wants to really see how genetic markers are not that good at determining movement just look at Finland. Russians have probably made their mark there but Finnish tribes also contributed to Russia's gene pool. Then when we consider movements in modern times one can see that one of those popular DNA tests to see where your ancestors came from can get very sketchy results since even in more recent history people have moved around and contributed to gene pools in ways that make it impossible to say "Here's where my ancestors originated from:"

Edited by Fiannan

A Finnish friend of mine in college got her patriarchal blessing and was listed as being part of the tribe of Mennassa so I suppose there may be some link -- Lehi's family was not all of the descendants of Joseph.

However, not all people from one country are necessarily from the same tribe. At least, not that we know.

I have a good frend in Finland she is from Manasse... how did you spell it... Menassa.. hmm

Most Finns are from Efraim. In many has in PB that theya re taken to Israel to Efraim, adapted. My PB says VERY clarely : you belong to Israel, you are Josefs decendant. You belong to Josefs family through Efraim.

Also a frend of mine had a radio show once where she interwied many people. She told me aboutt hsi man she interwied who had found many things in commen with the finnish people and jews or Israelittes. I cant remember but 2 things.. one was blodtype.. something about it beeing ONLY found in Finalnd and in Israel and the other were back teeth...

I am not trying to put anybody on the world map.. I am just airing some very interesting facts. Like the indian languages and finnish. It will be nice to know one day!

There is this finnish guy... he had a good theory and he had done a lot of research about finns and israelites... but I think he kind of lost it... Anyway, he found out there was a Israelit people on the Mountains close Israel called sumi, they were blue eyed and probably fair haired. In an old legend the people had to send the young away, as there had come so many of them, they had not enough food for everyone. At the same time sumeripeople came to light. Sumeri were very well educated and they knew how to write, often in many languages so the kings all around used them as scribes... then they dissapeared....

Then this guy found out that if you write finnish with sounds and read from right to left you get ... latin! He made his netside payable so I cant anymore read what he has there. But it was kind of interesting.

One day we will know the truth even about where the finnish people came from :D

• 3 years later...

I know I am resurrecting a very old thread, but I just wanted to update rameumptom on this. :)

Check this book out. Here's the description from Amazon.

"Evidence gathered from physical anthropology, archeology, and comparative ethnology clearly indicates that the American Indians are of Asian origin.

Since the discovery of America, now more than 500 years ago, various scholars have been searching for linguistic links between the Native American languages and the languages of Eurasia. In this work the author proposes a comprehensive linguistic relationship between the Central California Indian languages and the Uralic language family.

The volume contains an essay concerning the discovery of California written for a well-informed public, a great amount of ethnographic material, an extensive comparative grammar and phonology, several vocabularies and a comparative linguistic analysis of a shamanistic text.

The author introduces a new word 'Cal-Ugrian'. It stands for California Ugrian. It represents a new concept in comparative culture and linguistics. The author trusts that the reader, after carefully having studied the evidence, will agree that the languages of Native Central Californians are indeed closely related to the Uralic, Finno-Ugrian and specifically the Ugrian languages spoken in Northwest Siberia."

Amazon.com: The Discovery of California: a Cal-Ugrian Comparative Study (ISTOR books) (9789630566308): Otto J. Von Sadovszky: Books

Finnish is a Finno-Ugric language and apparently so are Central California Indian languages. Pretty interesting.

Vanhin

I have done a dna sample and it shows my dna traveled from Africa to America in several different routes and what is interesting so do many other Native American blood lines.

When look at any given language today you must realize it has changed over time from what it once was to what it is now. Want an example look at the French that is spoken in Canada and what is spoken in France they are similar but not the same.

I think it is interesting to look at our ancestors and study who they were and how they lived and what they did. If you want to get hung up on what language they spoke and how it relates to us today to me it is a waste of time as this will get sorted out later when it once again matters.

Look at English and how it has changed from just the 1600's to today and yet we accept this as just the way it is.