Cambodian recipe

beefche

This is probably a long shot, but I thought I'd try.

On my mission in Bulgaria, we taught a Cambodian family the Gospel. Not only were they a fabulous family, but the mother was a great cook. She made one dish that I especially liked. I do not know the name of it, but I'm hoping someone might know it or know someone who might know it.

Because she wasn't in her own country, Pala had to improvise with the ingredients. From my memory, she used spaghetti and shredded cabbage and cucumber and chicken. The sauce was very light and about the color of chicken broth and had vinegar in it. You served it all in separate dishes and put the pasta on the bottom and topping it with the cabbage, chicken, cucumber, onions, and the sauce.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I would love the recipe as this is actually one of the best things I've ever eaten.

Thanks!

I've read through some of the recipes, now you have me excited about trying some Cambodian dishes. Thanks for the topic!

Well, you're welcome.

I checked out your links and unfortunately none of them sounded like it. The closest was probably the banana blossom salad, but even then it didn't sound quite like what she served.

Thanks for looking.

Yeah, that's what I think Pam. I remember them telling me that it was a traditional dish, but I don't remember if it was traditional Cambodian or traditional family dish. Dagnabit, it was so darn good and I have no clue how to even try to recreate it.