I respect thos who read the koran,but..

teddyk

I have a question: At rare time's I awaken from a restfull sleep, and there is a sorta of remembrance of a moment long forgotten. It occured to-nite an going streight to the source I got out this dusty old journal my dad had put away, year's ago.

The thought I had, was a reading my father showed me when I was in study, on the topic of Koran.As my dad said, I qoute " son if your going to study this book (koran) this is what I wrote down at your age" I was surprized,that I still recalled this entry in in his journal.

Because the topic resurfaced, only a few day's ago, I over heard a disscusion, about how the koran was to have a lot of fact's about science. My dad's journal's entry had a lot to say about it, like the koran can tell you the speed of light.

Which is just one of many, that when you re-search(mine to-nite) it is de-bunked(source: Dr.Arnold Neumaier of University of Vienna)

We'll my dad mentioned this " shot-gun" approach of thos teaching this.I now know why my Dad showed this to me.I think part of my protection come's from his word's, long forgotten, so I thought :) have any of you had a like experience?

My father had more wisdom than I knew, at the time. He knew my nature, he knew I was drawn, to thes nice people, who where well known to us.

I was not fooled at that young age, nor anytime after...you got to admit tho, there are some very beautifull aspects of this book, I am thankfull to my dear dad, and that spirit he instilled in me to research,research, then act on it.

Just one insomniac to another, thank you,very much if you sifted through my poor grammer(I almost always sleep thru) :)

Points of interest, to me, for this thread:

1) have you ever awaken to study something like the koran?

2) have you ever went back to a writting that a loved one left you, dad, mom, teacher,etc;?

3) have you any opinion of the Koran?

4) is there any study you have done, that you want to share, on this topic?

5) Did any one of this faith have an effect upon you?

6) And if you knew anyone you liked, in your youth, that where Muslim, what would you say to them now

7) or, any other thoughts you have ever had on this religion?

*lastly I can edit: to add a bit more, if you like.

Edited by teddyk

I have read the Koran twice, once while being in Saudi and I still have a copy of the book on my desk. Neither time was I impressed this was the work of the Savior. However, it still doesn't stop me from believing, that Mohammad was called a prophet by the people of that land.

If you gather facts about Mohammad, you find that it does not follow the same pattern of those considered restoration prophets were called. You will find that GOD and the Savior, or one of the Godhead, would make themselves known unto that individual in person, call him by name, and then give him his mission for mortality. We need to also remember, how important the location is when this happens. Go back and look upon those restorational prophets on where these meetings do take place. Some are done mountain tops, a place of religious significant, or a place of solitude but never done in a cave. This pattern was not the same for Mohammad. It was a claimed Angel called Gabriel that first reveals his mission and done in a cave. As I do believe Mohammad, did not have the capability to discern this angel or what was being received.

This doesn't discount Mohammad true desire to do right for his people who had no true prophet and not bounded to a single GOD. But you can clearly see the same counterfeit shown that resembles the Prophet Joseph life from the angel Moroni to Gabriel, lack of education, writing weakness, and surrounded by those who were educated.

^ thanks, I remember being impresed with it somewhat, but not enough. The family who gave me the book was awesome tho, sweet kind, hard working,great family life and they keep in touch,aswell The hatered an war saddens them deeply.My thoughts an prayer are they survive all this, an I pray I'll see them when Christ returns. This burden is perhaps what got me out of bed last night, I even called today to see if they where ok.

By example they set. The problem with the members, they will not speak against the fanatic clergy as I would do at times. Those who do, they would be murdered in voicing there opinion against these tyrants. I use the term murder vice being killed here for a wise purpose. I for one do not fear them at all but sorrow for there eternal pains they yet will suffer.

Guest DeborahC

I agree, the Karan can be followed two ways, the followers that are peaceful and loving inspit of the extremist that use the Karan for there excuse to become tyrants.

But how do you know the difference?

The same way you know the difference between the people who follow the Bible's two paths.... one which is peaceful and loving, and one which is extremist and an excuse to be tyrants.

By their fruit you shall know them.

Yes Deb... as best you can know if a person can be peacefull,my friends where introduced to me as a child and never showed any desire to harm any living thing,the dad of the family one time rescuing us kids from a spider, did not have the heart to step on it. Instead, he captured it, and walked it over to the fields, and set it free, in some rocks.

Taking care that it could survive on its own there.Other examples come to mind,aswell.

I would not hesitate to trust them, and feeling safe an secure.

I might feel diffrent if I was in the mid-east, with out anyone, I'd hope to run into someone as worthy as they where,to guide me, around the town or city.

But I dont think ive heard of a group that follows the Bible's two paths that blows themselves up and others, I could be wrong but I cant think of any. If you have any examples that would be great.

Dont get me wrong I do feel that theres good muslims , but as I have read some of the Kuran Im getting mixed messages.

In one part of the book it talks peace and love but then two pages later its talking about anyone that doesnt follow the relgion is infadel and smit them on the neck to stun them.

Beheading is a well known thing that happens to anyone they capture.

So im confused i guess.

Edited by jolee65

Guest DeborahC
Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

May I suggest that rather than look at the splinter in the Muslim's eyes, we take some time to examine the LOG in our own? We Christians have a VERY violent past! And frankly, I don't see that it's changed much, considering our actions in Iraq.

Violence never breeds peace.. it only breeds violence.

Edited by pam
Pictures not appropriate for site after moderator discussion.
Guest DeborahC

The way I see it, we have a horribly violent past.

I would agree that in MOST cases, we have progressed.

And though I do not disagree that there are fundamentalist Muslims that are dangerous, I would still assert that ANY fundamentalist, ANY person who says "My way is the only way and I'm willing to kill you to convert you" is dangerous.

I think that if you looked at percentages, the largest percentage of Muslims greatly outweigh the fundamentalists, just as in the Christian religion.

Edited by pam

You seem to target every post I submit I have not said onething that hasnt already been mentioned by someone else the only difference is I dont respond with all the fluff its to the point.

I relise being LDS and being discrimadated against, why discrimadate against others, being informed isnt discrimination its just that informed.

before this thread is locked I have posted my last reply to this thread.

Guest DeborahC

Wow Jolee, I'm sorry.

I never meant to make you feel targeted.

I simply disagree with you.

I'm not sure how this is discrimination, seeing I"m also LDS.

I just call this discussion, but I apologize if I offended you somehow.

• 4 weeks later...