Would a blessing help?

Guest JHM-in-Bountiful

Guest JHM-in-Bountiful

Alot of you have read my previous post (I'm spiritually alone, gay,stuck in IA, & need a new lds.net name ) That post covered alot of concerns. I have gotten excellent feedback on the issues i wrote about.

One of the issues was about staying here in Iowa vs. moving to Bountiful, Utah. The big concern was the cost of living. It is more economical to stay in Iowa. I get this "FEELING" I'm needed in Bountiful. If i stay on a strict budget I could afford to live there. I feel like I'm being torn apart with this decision. Is it alright to approach my Bishop about this matter? Also would a blessing be a good idea to help me decide in what to do? Thanks.

It's interesting how we are told to bless the 'sick and the afflicted'. Notice how they separate the word sick and the word afflicted?

We all know what sick means.

But here's the definition of afflicted:

To inflict grievous physical or mental suffering on

Some of its synonyms include:

disturbed, agnoized, frigtened.

So if you are feeling then this way...well you have it right from the scriptures. Recieve a blessing, know that it comes from a loving Father, one that cares deeply for his son.

JHM, you can talk to your Bishop about any matter.:) If you feel strongly about Bountiful, I say go for it. Change can be a great way to re charge the batteries and maybe the Lord has something very special in mind for you. He certainly, without any doubt, has heard your prayers and knows your need and your struggles. Have faith and go with the feeling.;)

I agree with bytor- go to your Bishop and tell him of your concerns and fears.

Also, if you live near a temple- go there. If you are not endowed, you can still reap the benefits of the Holy Ghost by walking the grounds of the Temple.

Also your Bishop may be able to help you re-word your plea to Father, so that you will be able to discern Fathers answer to you.

I know my Branch President helped me tremendously during a very very difficult time for me. He only asked me a few questions and he listened and encouraged me to be still and listen patiently for Father's answer.

Blessings are based on your faith and worthiness. I think you have made clear that you are doing the right things to be worthy of a blessing, question would be do you have the faith. If you feel that you have just a bit of faith, I think in the scriptures it refers to an amount no greater than a mustard seed would be enough, then a blessing should be of great benefit.

For a blessing I would seek out your home teachers. They hold the same priesthood as your Bishop. If not your home teachers then your quorum leader.

Good luck in your search.

Ben Raines