Be still my soul; Lord is on your side

Maya

Do you like this song? Do you know that the composition is by Jean Sibelius. The famous finnish composer and that finns were not allowed to sing this song when it was made, as the words are about the independent Finland and at that time Finland was under Russia. This is a very important and sentimental song for the finns. This is more than the national song for us. This is the song that gathers all the felings of the love for our country.

Ofcourse the words you hear are completely different. With the ORIGINAL words (enlish):

In finnish:

YouTube - Sibelius - Finlandia look at many of them

This was short cut, but good: YouTube - Queensland Youth Choir performing "Finlandia"

Ok I am homesick...:huh:

This is one of my favorite songs to sing or hear in choir though I must admit that often I am so overcome I cannot sing. I am aware of the great meaning to Finns and although I have little in common with Finland this song is one thing of Finland that I claim as my own.

The Traveler

This is one of my favorite songs to sing or hear in choir though I must admit that often I am so overcome I cannot sing. I am aware of the great meaning to Finns and although I have little in common with Finland this song is one thing of Finland that I claim as my own.

The Traveler

Well I think one says you are americanized or eid, so is ithe word here finnishized:eek: I suppose the word is not finnish(e)d any way:D

Ok you can have a bit of it...:rolleyes: