Where to start?

TurkeyRun

Hi, I've read through all these posts and agree that you shouldn't worry, about what you wear or what you use to get to church, we aren't about being perfect it's about fellowship and I think you will find plenty of that. I am a long time member that is just getting active again after many years and I use to have hair to the middle of my back and never heard anything about it at church. Good luck in this new adventure in your life, it is well worth it and I hope your wife will someday be ready for the missionaries.

So, two Missionaries came out to the house last night with a young(ger than me) couple who drove them. I'm out in the stix, nighttime, gravel roads, rain - you get the idea.

Wife and daughter opted to "do their regular after school and work routine" and politely excused themselves after introductions. The five of us had a good chat, one fellow said "I've been doing this 22 months and never come across anyone who knew so much about Joseph Smith on my first visit" (I think I did my research well).

Anyway, to make a long story short, it was a WONDERFUL evening. We all had some laughs, some serious contemplation on my part, great discussion, I got invited to church on Sunday, got directions, times, what to expect, etc. We also talked about dress but my beard and hair never came up - so I guess I won't scare anyone too bad. They laughed and said, "yes please do!" on riding my bike there.

Looks like I'm set. The Mrs. either has cold feet or is just letting me "find myself" and tolerating my curiosity. In any event, she was polite. Daughter thinks it's nice I have friends (haha).

Thanks to everyone here who gave advice public and private. I really appreciate it.

Edited by TurkeyRun

These are my favorite kinds of posts. I love investigator journeys! I hope you continue to keep us posted. And definitely let us know how church goes on Sunday. And you sooooo have to ride the bike!

I don't have any advice to give because anything I'd say has been said, but it sounds like you're on a good path.