What are your plans or goals for 2009 ?

Guest JHM-in-Bountiful

Guest JHM-in-Bountiful

I don't like to use the phrase "new years resulution". I'm curious what people have planned for 2009. Are there any goals you are striving to achieve? Make a list of things that may happen for you in 2009. They can be church, work, family,fun oriented & ect.

01. In January I will get a church calling. The bshop has not told me what it will be yet. I do know I will be able to do the calling at church and at my home.

02. In January my tithing and fast offerings will be paid in full for all of 2009. Yes, you are allowed to give those in advance.

03. In April, I will take a trip to Adelaide & Melbourne, Australia. I hope to at least do a baptism session in the Adelaide temple. If melbourne has a temple, I'd do the same there as well.

04. In July or August, I should be able to go through an endowment ceremony for the first time. It will probably be at the Winter Quarters Temple in Omaha, Nebraska.

05. In october, I will go to the Houston, Texas area for my 20th high school reunion.

06. Since my planned move to Bountiful did ot work out. I will restock my emergency food and water supplies. I used them up to lessen the weight on my move.

07. I will continue to do my hospital volunteer service work. Also try to serve others in my community and online.

08. I want to gain a better understanding of the scriptures.

My plans for the new year is to try to become a better father and husband(everyone can always find room for improvement:D). I plan(as we all do) to return to the gym to get rid of some of these extra pounds and go back to less junk food and more good things. But my main goal for the new year is to further my spiritual journey and strengthen my relationship with Jesus. I'm sure i can come up with more that i will post after i've given this some more thought.

Mine are.. well just keep in mind i'm a college student.

1) Keep my grades up.

2) Keep my relationship with my girlfriend healthy.. 2 years strong so far

3) Bench-press 250 by May 1st.

I need to get back into church too. That should change once the hours shift for our ward though.. I can't get off work to make either session usually.

I have the usual. Lose weight, exercise more.

But this year my main goal is to work towards going to the temple for the first time in my life. Yes, you got it...first time. I've never been even though been a member my entire life. We shall see what 2009 brings.

Mine are.. well just keep in mind i'm a college student.

1) Keep my grades up.

2) Keep my relationship with my girlfriend healthy.. 2 years strong so far

3) Bench-press 250 by May 1st.

I need to get back into church too. That should change once the hours shift for our ward though.. I can't get off work to make either session usually.

awww, I miss working out SO much. I'm a little guy but in college when I was working out I pressed 255 two time and then I stopped lifting. In high school the guy that got me started was already benching 310 in 10th grade. I need to start doing something again! Thanks for the reminder. :)

awww, I miss working out SO much. I'm a little guy but in college when I was working out I pressed 255 two time and then I stopped lifting. In high school the guy that got me started was already benching 310 in 10th grade. I need to start doing something again! Thanks for the reminder. :)

Anytime. I got roughly 20ish pounds to go.. but i'm trying to account for the unavoidable wrist injury/sickness that's going to happen.

It's a great place to get rid of some frustration (the gym.. that is)

But this year my main goal is to work towards going to the temple for the first time in my life. Yes, you got it...first time. I've never been even though been a member my entire life. We shall see what 2009 brings.

Thats awesome....go for it girl.....get to The Temple....:)

What a fabulous goal. I think what I like most about this goal (other than the obvious) is that it is attainable with very specific things to do to prepare and accomplish it.

Go Pammie!

My New Year's Resolution is that I'm not going to make any New Year's Resolutions!

Hemi, you could always wait for death and THEN lose the 60 pounds! :D

Pammy, I think those are wonderful goals. I'm also working on exercising and losing a few pounds (I'd like to lose about 20 pounds myself), and so bought a stair stepper for my wife and me for Christmas.

As for the temple goal, there's never a better goal for anyone. I'd like to be able to go at least once per month, but we're going through some long term crises, and so I expect it will probably be more on the lines of once a quarter. There was a time when I lived in Montgomery, and went with a group monthly to the Atlanta Temple, where we started when they opened at 6am, and stayed until they closed in the evening. We would often get 5 sessions in. My older bones won't manage that stress any longer without a nap, and they discourage us high priests from napping in the endowment, so now I usually only do a couple sessions when I go.

My main goals are to strive to serve better this next year, and to seek to find beauty and God's love in the things around me.

The wife and I will usually ask about the washing and anointing numbers for that day to see if they made there daily quotes. If not, we by-pass the endowment and make an attempt for healthy number WA round-robins. I have to agree, this is one area we need to improve upon for our family in the coming year.

Edited by Hemidakota

Pam, I am so happy for you, going to the temple has being one of most spiritual experiences for me.

My goal for the 2009 is to go to the temple at least once a month,

the beautiful temple in La Jolla is only about 30 minutes from where I live.

Rain

The wife and I will usually ask about the washing and anointing numbers for that day to see if they made there daily quotes. If not, we by-ass the endowment and make an attempt for healthy number WA round-robins. I have to agree, this is one area we need to improve upon for our family in the coming year.

How do the temple workers feel about you by-assing in so sacred a place? :lol:

Concentrate on the pregnancy. Not only is it easier (in most cases) but it will help you check the next one off the list as well. ;):D

Are you assuming that I'm nice when I'm pregnant? You know what they say when you assume.....

Losing weight and exercising more are the perennially most common New Years resolution. Sign me up for that one too.

BTW, I have read that the Temple Ceremony has improved in several ways since the 1970's, so your going got postponed to just the right point in time! Enjoy.

No I am assume your husband enjoys trying to get pregnant. Sure the 3-9 months after conception can be hard but the trying part is nice:)

lol true. Besides, I'm nice allll the time. For reals. Ha.