The Tennis Shoes Adventure Series...

Dragonzilla25

Well if you consider the fact that my last thread kinda out of hand (I thank all of you who posted and valued each opinion). Now here is a series of books I have read:

The Tennis Shoes Adventure Series:

There are currently 10 books in the series. They are written by Chris Heimerdinger and are about a kid named Jim Hawkins who with his friend Garth Plimpton find a cave outside of Cody Wyoming. This cave has the power to transport the friends back into scriptural times. The series basicaly tells the stories of Jim and Garth's adventures. As the series progresses Jim and Garth both grow old and there families also get involved. It's a very interesting series that I just absolutaly love. The author tries to use archealogical evidence to make predictons on what life was like back then and has notes on each chapter and how life could have been as he predicts. These are usualy at the end of the book or chapter in later instalments.

I'm currently almost done with the final book...

Edited by Dragonzilla25

The current story is incomplete. The last book came out four or five years ago, after which he took a hiatus to make Passage to Zarahemla into a movie. Each time I've tried to go to his website (http://www.cheimerdinger.com/) in the last year, it's said "This website is temporarily unavailable, please try again later." I can't find any information on when or if book 11 will be published.

I'm reading in a fan group on GoodReads that he apparently said on the Passage to Zarahemla DVD that he is working on book 11 (working title "Thorns of Glory"), and that it will be published this year.

Also looking at a Facebook fan group, of which Chris is a member and admin. He says he's got an "almost done" official website called Frost Cave. He also says he's working on book 11 and if you email him ([email protected]) he'll send you a sample chapter.