recomend a new forum group

bcguy

I am sure some of you may have seen my posting regarding my current job situation. I am not alone in this economic crisis. I have talked to several in the same situation. I think for member to help members during these desperate times is to provide a place to help them advertise there current working status. Not only that, employers could also be encouraged to provide work detail of a up and coming job opening.

So if any of you would like to see the marits of having a forum called EMPLOYMENT please feel free to tell us what you think. When I attended a professional job search program several years ago one of the leading and most time efficient methods of finding work is to network amongst people in your industry.

It's an idea, though I don't know how much use it could be. There are members from all over the globe on his forum and while there are a lot of members here, there are not THAT many members - this forum is still considered to be small went put in comparison with a lot of others. I'd hazard a guess and say the vast majority of members here are not within quick travelling distance of another member of this forum unless they know them personally. A possible exception to this is obviously Utah. So for instance any jobs that I know of are unlikely to be of any use to anyone else on this forum as I don't think anyone else lives in Birmingham, UK (though please correct me if I'm wrong). Not to mention the that fact you don't normally come to an LDS forum to look for jobs, with the possible exception of church related jobs.

just my 2p

We could have a forum on finances, which would include ways to make money, unique job ideas, job opportunities (there are jobs you can do at a distance), stories about how people are getting out of debt, tax tips, financial advice from c.p.a. and certified financial planners preferably, ideas for paying for college, ideas for flex time jobs, ideas for kids jobs, keeping up hope when you are in a financial crisis, cutting corners, tithing testimonies/stories, etc...

I can go on. These are all financial issues I'm trying to figure out this week! :whoa:

Unless I missed it, I don't see anywhere on the forum that is directed to helping us through the economic crisis many of us are experiencing.