uneasy feeling

L_and_P21

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Uchtdorf and Ballard, I could feel nothing but inspiration from the inaugural ceremony. I suppose our reactions to this event depended on the frame of mind we came into it with. I personally had to record it as I was in Book of Mormon class during the inauguration, and then watched it after the campus devotional... I felt very spiritual. Perhaps that's why? :P

• 4 weeks later...

I will be changing my party stance this year noting the failure of the current administration and the government as a whole.

I expect some far worse moments are coming this year that we can clearly say, as some states reps are stating now, it is time for split or remove some of federal agency from their own territory.

I have been feeling some uneasiness with what has happened in the last few days. It seems we heading down a path of destruction and those nightmare dreams I had may come to pass.

I think it is time to revisit on what some states can do in national emergency moments to defend itself from total nationalism.

John Birch, I have to say, you may be right after all....

Since his election in November, Obama has embraced two (three, including today's) pieces of panic legislation whose cumulative price tag approaches two trillion dollars.

That may not justify calling his administration a "failure" (yet), but it sure doesn't bode well for the next four years.

Since his election in November, Obama has embraced two (three, including today's) pieces of panic legislation whose cumulative price tag approaches two trillion dollars.

That may not justify calling his administration a "failure" (yet), but it sure doesn't bode well for the next four years.

"Those of us who manage the public's dollars will be held to account — to spend wisely, reform bad habits, and do our business in the light of day — because only then can we restore the vital trust between a people and their government." -President Obama

So far....not so much:mad:

maybe you should start.......

Meh. Maybe you should watch a wider variety of stuff instead of them.

A wider diet of other poltical shows could broaden your palet a lot more. The shows that are generally on my list to watch are Meet the Press and McLaughlin Report and even then I don't watch them all the time. Too much poltical material tends to give me a big overload and a headache. But I tend to like looking around for a wider variety of material.

Meh. Maybe you should watch a wider variety of stuff instead of them.

A wider diet of other poltical shows could broaden your palet a lot more. The shows that are generally on my list to watch are Meet the Press and McLaughlin Report and even then I don't watch them all the time. Too much poltical material tends to give me a big overload and a headache. But I tend to like looking around for a wider variety of material.

I never said that I listen to Limbaugh or Hannity..... I have , but it's rare, Limbaugh is very entertaining,if I listen to talk radio at all,it is usually Dennis Miller or sometimes Michael Medved. I am not a political junky and try to avoid the talking heads like the plague. Once in a while I get drawn in.......CSPAN and I used to watch Russert, for a chuckle I sometimes watch O'Reilly. I listen to BBC and read the Wall Street Journal .....but thanks for the suggestions.

ouch... Is it really fair to start the judging and negative speak so soon.... There is always going to be something to find wrong and while I do not agree with all the decisions made lately I do feel it is my duty to support my President.. When I have concerns I write my congressman and Senator

We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

I try to honor this to the best of my ability... instead of knocking the President we should be praying for him to be uplifted and for him to make the best decisions he can. I find it interesting that the President gets all the blame and the Congress and Senate really screw things up.

The first stage is always denial.

People who consistently write on political threads are political junkies.

Elphaba

My mom is a poltical junky and she at least admits to it. I can handle to about an hour to an hour and a half of poltical material and then like I said I get information overload.

Cspan is enjoyable, I really do like it and I turn to it when there is too much commentary being strewed around. I can make my own decisions and have my own opinions without someone trying to put thoughts into my head.