uneasy feeling

L_and_P21

I don't care too much for Obama. I didn't care for Bush or Clinton either.

Any politician that has worked to expand the Federal government is wrong, and out of their Constitutional authority. We have seen a MASSIVE increase in the Fed since Obama took oath, and for the past 100 years, the erosion of states authority (and I say authority, because there is no such thing as state or federal government having rights.. rights are for the people, and the government has no authority over those rights.. they can pass as many laws as they wish.) Government is only given privilage, and that is given through the Republic, by the people.

All politicians lie, even the ones that I have some respect for.. they wouldn't be politicians (elected ones anyway) if they didn't lie.

Is something bad going to happen? Yes, it's all down hill from here.. just my opinion though. Is that something to be depressed about? No. This life is but a short journey, and a small part in a much larger plan than we can even come close to understanding.

Personally, I feel that there are people on this Earth today that will see the Second Coming of the Lord first hand. I think, personaly, it is exciting to see the signs that are being fulfilled. Are we to fear? If we have nothing to fear after this life, then we have nothing to fear.

We were placed in this time period for a reason, and we should all realize that. The Lord would not place us in situations that we could not handle with his help.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I dislike capitalism and communism and politics and wish the perfect world would get here already (it seems to be taking it's time, probably stopped for a happy meal) I have to say this is a great climate to teach kids to watch for 'spin' on news. My daughter and I watch a few different news channels and we have a contest to see where the angle is in the actual news segments. The commentaries are also good in that you can point out what is fact and what's opinion and how the two mix, no matter what your personal politics are. Kids are growing up in very tough times (like they always do in every generation) and need every tool they can get. Education is key!

I will be changing my party stance this year noting the failure of the current administration and the government as a whole.

May I remind you the current administration has been in office a total of 29 days. 29 DAYS! It hasn't even been a month yet.

29 days. I cannot stress this enough.....

29 days

:eek:

May I remind you the current administration has been in office a total of 29 days. 29 DAYS! It hasn't even been a month yet.

29 days. I cannot stress this enough.....

29 days

:eek:

What you don't understand, Tali, is that the current administration are black-clad, moustache twirling villains. Their hearts beat not blood, but a thick viscous fluid the color of a basalt monolith. They are not a frightened administration pushing a new deal, no. They are the very essence of vile and inhuman villainy.

Oh, wait... I just realized. The Republicans aren't Dudley Do-right. No, no.

Sorry. I think you're right. I think they're probably an administration like any other and painting them as human probably is the right thing to do to avoid coming off as crazy.

(Although I suspect Dudley Do-Right is a Democrat, now that I think about it, chasing off Snidely and stopping him from foreclosing on the orphanage despite the Orphanage being unable to pay).

EDIT: Moose and Squirrel are clearly Republican, however, and Boris and Natasha are clearly communist. However, Natasha has the advantage of being hot.

EDIT EDIT: And Ponsonby Britt is probably a Libertarian. He's quiet, no one knows who he is and he served in the armed forces so he is clearly pro-second amendment. He's also a Brit, so that might take something away, but I think he's Libertarian.

Edited by FunkyTown

i think my topic went from concern to bashing. not what i intended. TBH i think for a real mostly partial, although somewhat liberal view, people should listen to the BBC. true reporting there. lets just say this, IF this current administration does not do what it said it would do, not that it is just one more step towards the second coming and that i, me, L_and_P21, will be looking forward to the coming of my savior. IF the current administration does do what it promised, it too, will be one step closer to the second coming. i am not saying that it is a bad administration, im just saying that with each passing day it is one day closer to the second coming. give "the man" (all pun intended) some credit for tring to fix a broken economy due to the banks and various people and organizations that sought for riches and power not for the well being of all.

friends, countrymen, members and fellow human beings, please stop the bickering. those who are in office are 1) human, therefore they are bound by the laws of blood to make mistakes. 2) politicians, therefore they are bound by the laws of the blood and the assumed laws of government to lie at one point in time or another. finally 3) biased to their views, although some try not to be, therefore they will never be able to please all.

I don't feel that way at all. I'm really happy with the results of the election. I think we picked the right man. I was a grassroots worker for President Obama, in my own way. I have hope he will be able to break a few barriers that need to be broken in this nation, so we can really become the United States. For too long there have been divisions because of race and religion. Maybe some of that will be healed now.

The result of the election? Huh? It was a forced election, the game was called voting, to give you an illusion you did it!

The result of the election? Huh? It was a forced election, the game was called voting, to give you an illusion you did it!

You know it's sad that as a people we are so divided over a person's election. How can you say it was 'forced'?

I am not even sure what you mean by the word 'forced.' If you mean you think people voted wrongly than that's your opinion.

But we had an election, people voted and they chose Obama. That is what an election is. No one 'forced' me to choose who I wanted to vote for and no one 'forced' you to choose who you wanted to vote for either. In the end you went into the voting booth and voted for who you voted for.

You sound bitter. It's time to get over such feelings of animosity and accept that he's the President by the will of the People.

I know this isn't easy to accept but that is so.

You know it's sad that as a people we are so divided over a person's election. How can you say it was 'forced'?

I am not even sure what you mean by the word 'forced.' If you mean you think people voted wrongly than that's your opinion.

But we had an election, people voted and they chose Obama. That is what an election is. No one 'forced' me to choose who I wanted to vote for and no one 'forced' you to choose who you wanted to vote for either. In the end you went into the voting booth and voted for who you voted for.

You sound bitter. It's time to get over such feelings of animosity and accept that he's the President by the will of the People.

I know this isn't easy to accept but that is so.

This has nothing to do with the people, me or you!

Why didn't you vote for McCain/Palin? Answer is easy right, the same as everyone elses reason. It was not forced directly, but by those who gave us no choice!

David Rockefeller and his buddies who are the ones behind the government that you don't see had this organized because they knew who we would vote for. Therefor forced!

This has nothing to do with the people, me or you!

Why didn't you vote for McCain/Palin? Answer is easy right, the same as everyone elses reason. It was not forced directly, but by those who gave us no choice!

David Rockefeller and his buddies who are the ones behind the government that you don't see had this organized because they knew who we would vote for. Therefor forced!

I didn't vote for McCain or Palin because I didn't share their ideals, plain and simple. I am sorry but you're buying into mass hystaria.

Or maybe I am not buying into mass hysteria!

And I say you have bought into another form of hysteria.

But I am dropping the conversation because I don't feel like argueing over the matter anymore. No one forced me in my vote. And to say otherwise, I find insulting. Like it or lump it was the economic crises in the long run that had people running to Obama. Sorry you don't think that way.

Good night.

I have no doubt no one made your choices for you and that you alone decided who to cast your vote for. Had Mitt Romney been a candidate your choice wouldn't have been Barak MAYBE!

It was your choice and I am not disputing that. But hey who in America would vote a 72 year old man with the possible reality he could not live out his term and the country would be run by a dim-wit cheerleader. Man it was an obvious choice to me. Cmon you and me didn't have a choice.

Also inaccurate for me as well. I voted by my own free will and choice, just like everybody else did. I voted based on my unique ideas, feelings, and what I thought was important, just like everybody else did. I was not coerced, forced, or unduly pressured by some nebulous "they" conspiracy.

Even Ezra Taft Benson knew, why don't you. You call it a conspiracy like it is a weirdo thing. But it is a reality, what do you think the gadianton robbers were, a conspiracy maybe? And if it was a conspiracy how would you know you were being coerced?

Even Ezra Taft Benson knew, why don't you. You call it a conspiracy like it is a weirdo thing. But it is a reality, what do you think the gadianton robbers were, a conspiracy maybe? And if it was a conspiracy how would you know you were being coerced?

Its funny when people like Trulykiwi see further they are instantly met with criticism and labled "Paranoid." Trulykiwi, it does not matter what you say to or show people they wont see the wolf until he is out of the wool

So what did you do to keep from being coerced?

Elphaba

I have no doubt no one made your choices for you and that you alone decided who to cast your vote for. Had Mitt Romney been a candidate your choice wouldn't have been Barak MAYBE!

You guessed right, but when did I say who I voted for?

It was your choice and I am not disputing that. But hey who in America would vote a 72 year old man with the possible reality he could not live out his term and the country would be run by a dim-wit cheerleader.

Perhaps somebody who really liked Sarah Palin. A lot of the core Republican party members (still) do. Perhaps somebody who liked McCain's policies enough that he or she was willing to take that risk. I could go on, but suffice it to say that there are probably 59,934,814 different reasons to vote for McCain.

I think I'm having trouble relating to whatever conspiracy this is because you talk about it in such vague, ambiguous terms that I have no clue what this conspiracy is. Perhaps if you explained this conspiracy better I'd be able to talk about it intelligently. Please don't link to any video sharing sites for videos, though, BYU blocks them all.

You guessed right, but when did I say who I voted for?

I think I'm having trouble relating to whatever conspiracy this is because you talk about it in such vague, ambiguous terms that I have no clue what this conspiracy is. Perhaps if you explained this conspiracy better I'd be able to talk about it intelligently. Please don't link to any video sharing sites for videos, though, BYU blocks them all.

The conspiracy President Benson mentioned. He encouraged us to read 'NONE DARE CALL IT A CONSPIRACY' by Gary Allen. Even though it has evolved since 71' it is the foundation.