uneasy feeling

L_and_P21

Speaking of which, I for one hope he does launch an independent inquiry into 9-11. Obama's the one person who most of the "truthers" would believe if he finished the investigation and announced that, no, it really wasn't orchestrated by Bush and Rummy.

I don't know if Bush had to do with it too, but I know the bilderbergs did!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't get the bail out things that keep going there must be a reason why he signed it but I don't get it. Almost 780 BILLION dollars then he says, "Balance Budget!"

T,

He's talking about reducing the deficit, even by half, not balancing the budet.

He is talking about it now so the policies and strategies, identified by his team today, can be implmeneted when the time is right, which will be when, and if, there is significant improvement in the economy. That is not going to happen for at least a couple of yours; thus, he is not talking about reducing it today. But if, and when that day comes, he will be ready.

The following are some of the actions he's already defined:

From Obama's deficit promise: Not easy to achieve - Feb. 23, 2009

The exact details on how the president plans to reduce the deficit will be made much clearer Thursday when he submits to Congress an outline of his budget request for fiscal year 2010. But he and his budget director, Peter Orszag, have already indicated what a few of their proposals will be:

• let the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts expire for families making more than $250,000, although not this year;
  • reduce spending on the Iraq war by withdrawing troops;
  • reduce health care costs by creating more efficiencies in the system;
  • end payments to agribusiness that don't need them;
  • end tax breaks for companies shipping jobs overseas;
  • stop fraud and abuse in Medicare; and
  • insist on pay-go rules, which requires lawmakers to either raise revenue or cut spending to accommodate new spending measures. and that his plan might fail--but at least he is addressng it.

You're the second person I have heard say Obama intends to start reducing the deficit today (I think that's what you meant.) I don't think Obama's staff is making it clear that is not accurate.

I think he is farsighted to be planning for this already. There is enough time to explore possibilities in an effort to discover the best plan of action possible, and hopefully, that day will come to implement them.

Elphaba

Edited by Elphaba
This version is my final version; if you read something differently before, please forgedaboutit.