Should we accept a church calling if we're not "into it"?

ama49

Yes! "not into it" is not a good reason. We often learn more from our callings than the people we serve or teach. Many times we're called to something because we need to learn.

Callings should only be turned down after a discussion with the Bishop about family or health issues the Bishop may be unaware of.

My opinion,

applepansy.

Nice blog! (I have the same picture in mine). I believe that he bishopm is mostly inspired and we should give it a try, what ever it is. Often we get callings in order to learn. I been in Church 27 years 20 of it in primary/Childrensroom, which I love, but it is kind of dull if it is every Sunday and you always miss your own lessons like the sundayschool. That was one of the reasons I looked for places like this forum. I also been the one that wires up who is present in sundayschool.... aaah... NOT for me defenately NOT. Sorry I think I mesed up the books and I got something else to do within a year. Library was ok... but I quess I managed that ok as I got a new calling after a year or two... I dont think I messed up that one :D I just complained all the time as we did not have this or we did not have that to lend out. Now I am in RS and it is so weird... actually I have NO idea what I am doing there... but I quess I learn. Leaders think I got some good ideas...:eek: I was in YW a little while... but they are scarry... yet so wonderful.