Beginning of RS

Maya

Is there anything good about the very start of RS on the internett? I have tried to find, but have not found anything. Any good book about it. Any good stories... I am thinking of making a small play to the RS party in spring.... if I just find any thing on it anywhere... Anybody with a good story, tell me! Thank you!!

Is there anything good about the very start of RS on the internett? I have tried to find, but have not found anything. Any good book about it. Any good stories... I am thinking of making a small play to the RS party in spring.... if I just find any thing on it anywhere... Anybody with a good story, tell me! Thank you!!

You're speaking of stories from when the RS organization was created, correct? Not just funny stories that have happened when someone was giving the announcements in their ward.... right? :)

There is a basic and pretty thorough description on Wiki:

Relief Society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here are a few other references that can be found at deseretbook.com:

Women of Covenant: The Story of the Relief Society by Janath Russell Cannon

DeseretBook.com - Faith, Hope and Charity: Inspiration from the Lives of General Relief Society Presidents

Maya have you tried going to lds.org? I did a search of the relief society section and came up with quite a lot of hits. Try this link: LDS.org - Relief Society Then click on Search Relief Society. Once the new page is up, type in: beginning of relief society ; click on Search.

Read the articles that seem appropriate.

Thanks guys this helps I am sure.

Iggy I am so green in thsi stuff that... I really dont know where to start :D Thanks a thousend to both of you! When you been in primary most of the years in the church it is like there is nothing but the primary in the church!:P

What is the RS anyway?? AH only kidding... :P