Rhythm is a Baby...

talisyn

I read this study today Study suggests babies get the beat at birth - USATODAY.com and I have to say, 'I KNEW IT!'

lol

Even when my daughter was tiny she showed a preference for heavy metal (the real stuff, like Anthrax), mostly for the drums I think. Now that she's older she still loves a good strong beat but has expanded her interests to include classical music.

I'm curious, does anyone else have any baby music stories? I once knew someone who absolutely hated twangy country music but that was the only thing that would put her child to sleep lol.

Babies left to their own devices can indeed show remarkable rhythm. Of course they do not have the proper words or grammatical structure to appear, for instance in A Chorus Line, but babies have been known to do dance moves to stuff they can handle:

He got joo-joo eyeball he one holy roller

He got hair down to his knee

Got to be a joker he just do what he please

He roller-coaster he got early warning

He got muddy water he one mojo filter

He say "One and one and one is three"

Got to be good-looking 'cause he's so hard to please

Come together right now over me.

Sometimes they like to perform this number for Mommies and Daddies:

See me, feel me, heal me

Listening to you I get the music

Gazing at you I get the heat

Following you I climb the mountain

I get excitement at your feet

Right behind you I see the millions

On you I see the glory

From you I get opinions

From you I get the story...

:)

Okay so while I was pregnant with my boys...I was addicted to the soap opera Young and the Restless. Since I worked during the day I would record it and watch at night. I did notice with one of my boys that he quieted down when the theme song came on. When it was done..he would get fussy again...so I would rewind to the theme song...he would quiet down. I noticed a pattern there.

I red this somewhere:

A mother was expecting a baby and the little brother alwasy sang "You are my sunshine..." to the baby, She noticed that the baby calmed down when the brother sang it. Then came the time of birth, there were complications... the baby was left in teh hospital. Kids were not allowed so he had never seen the little siter he waited for so long. After a while the parents were called to say good bye to the baby. She tok the big brother with. They did not want to let him go se her... but at the end he was allowed. There beside the babys bed he decided to sing the song once more. Holding the little tiny hand he san with a clear childs woice "You are my sunshine...." From that moment on the baby began to recover and today she is a beautyful young woman.

I red this somewhere:

A mother was expecting a baby and the little brother alwasy sang "You are my sunshine..." to the baby, She noticed that the baby calmed down when the brother sang it. Then came the time of birth, there were complications... the baby was left in teh hospital. Kids were not allowed so he had never seen the little siter he waited for so long. After a while the parents were called to say good bye to the baby. She tok the big brother with. They did not want to let him go se her... but at the end he was allowed. There beside the babys bed he decided to sing the song once more. Holding the little tiny hand he san with a clear childs woice "You are my sunshine...." From that moment on the baby began to recover and today she is a beautyful young woman.

Read here: snopes.com: A Brother's Song

You know what wingnut... I dont really care if it is undefinated. It is a nice story. Besides I like Andersen and even Janson. Many good fairytales have a great teaching in them, even though they are not true. No one asked for stories from real life anyway. Nothing bad in emotionat stories full of love and positivity!

Think positively!