What do you do...

angela

Okay,

I don't have a ton of time to respond at the moment... but I want to say this. I have spent a lot of time today dwelling on the situation. I have come to the conclusion that I needed a change of heart. Again, there is NO DOUBT in my mind about what HF has asked me to do - and he has given me VERY SPECIFIC instructions about how to do it. So, I have spent the day praying that HF will soften MY heart. I pray that he will help me see the positive future I have been promised, instead of focusing on the negative that is before me. I have to remind myself that HF can see in others what we most of the time cannot - and that is their wonderful potential. HF (in my opinion) has fought very hard to get my husband to the gospel and now back to the gospel. It should speak volumes about my husband and his spirit and potential. :) I will be back later tonight.

Oh, and I haven't mentioned that DH is diligently trying to quit smoking and abstain from coffee - which I overlooked as a possible cause for his moodiness. I should give him more credit and encouragemnent for that instead of focusing on his weaknesses.

Angela, I have to say that is exactly the right thing to do. Only Heavenly Father can change the way we feel about something ... it's nearly impossible to do this without him. You need to pray about this as much and as often as possible. And you need to trust Him. He can help you get through this, you know as well as I do that he CAN and WILL soften your heart if you earnestly ask him.

I hope that through your sincere prayers, you overcome this and can become a help meet for your husband. I know you can do this... there will be great blessings for you in doing so :)

Angela,

I was reflecting on what has been written, what you have written about KNOWING that HF wants you to stay with your husband. I was actually even praying about it, considering what I would do, were I in your circumstance. Some thoughts came to mind as I did, and I thought it well to share them with you.....

Maybe what's going one for you really isn't about what your husband is doing.....Maybe it is about you remaining true to your covenant of marriage, regardless the circumstance. Maybe this is a great trial of your faith; but, what blessings can result if you remain true and faithful. I remember my mom teaching me when I was young, that two wrongs don't make a right...Whether or not you are faithful to your marriage has nothing to do with your husband, it has everything to do about you and your character.

I believe so much self-realization may be at your feet through this. I can only imagine how difficult this is. Often times in circumstances such as this, it comes down to faith in Christ and His grace in seeing us through beyond our own capacity/strength in being able to bear the "hand" that is dealt to us.

I am sorry if I encouraged you to follow any less than God's will for you. I do believe agency is always key in any given situation. especially the trying and difficult ones.

I think of being calm in the eye of the storm, how Peter? tried to walk on water, began to sink, and the Saviour's hand was right there to pull him up out of the water. HF and the Saviour are standing ready to succor you through this....they will be there for you as you fight the good fight. Trust in them. It will be amazing to see the miracles that come to pass as a result of doing so. I somehow get a sense of internal peace about this for you~ The peace that comes from doing what you know is right in the face of circumstances such as this. It will take you to another plane of knowing your HF, and knowing who you are, and having peace with that. Words fail me in trying to communicate what I'm feeling for you right now. When your husband is ready, maybe you will have so much the more profound intimacy (closeness) in your marriage.

Hope this helps, the best to you~

Dove