Sins with Wife

anonymousaddict26

I think there are certain sexual practices that are forbidden in the Kingdom of God. One cannot count the perversions that have been contrived as 'sexual pleasures', but ([EDIT:]I felt really uncomfortable with what I listed, so I deleted the items.)

I'm not married, and this is a touchy topic, so that's all I'm going to say, as it's frankly all I know.

Maxel out.

Edited by Maxel

When I first joined the church 30 years ago, I was told there were some acts that were considered perversions and not to be practiced. These acts were in days past considered that but in todays society are not. (between a man and wife.) anyway, I have never had the issue brought up or even hinted at in any church affiliated meeting.

I think there are certain sexual practices that are forbidden in the Kingdom of God. One cannot count the perversions that have been contrived as 'sexual pleasures', but ([EDIT:]I felt really uncomfortable with what I listed, so I deleted the items.)

I'm not married, and this is a touchy topic, so that's all I'm going to say, as it's frankly all I know.

Maxel out.

There is a handbook on the matter but only Bishops have it. It relates to these subjects. What you and your partner do in privacy should remain that way. But there are no rules really to sexual acts, if it is CONSENSUAL to both people that is. At the end of the day, it's all about an expression of LOVE. Anything beyond that, wouldn't be acceptable.

From what I gather, a rather detailed First Presidency letter was circulated back in the early 80's when Spencer W. Kimball was the prophet. But the Church hasn't really said anything about the topic since then. You'll have to seek the Spirit and determine whether President Kimball's counsel is applicable to your marriage.

okay, okay, okay, I need the big LOL button. This has done the best for my sense of humor since Ceeboo's posts about......well, I won't bring that up. HEY CEEBOO, WHERE ARE YOU WHEN WE NEED YOUR HUMOR?! :eek::lol:

Sorry, Pam, this is not intended to make you feel bad. I don't know why it struck me so funny. I guess I'm married, and sex life is as it is, and talking about "another person and animals" makes me want to laugh my buns off because, well, I have to think. Because rather than being gross or disgusting or even erotic, it makes it sound rather humorous....guess one has to be in that experience....I don't know..........Suggestions, anyone who laughed or asked for the LOL in relation to this?!

I think the chuches standing is whatever makes the couples' boat float together is okay. So, if standing on their head and stacking beebees, popping popcorn, making fudge, ants in their pants doing the hula dance is what brings them closer in the bedroom, more power to them. I hope this gives a laugh to everyone........:D

PS "Sex life is as it is" means part of the mundanity of life, even though I love my husband dearly, and he loves me the same.....I did have to put that in to explain my come from more....Sorry!

Edited by Dove
to add PS

From what I gather, a rather detailed First Presidency letter was circulated back in the early 80's when Spencer W. Kimball was the prophet. But the Church hasn't really said anything about the topic since then. You'll have to seek the Spirit and determine whether President Kimball's counsel is applicable to your marriage.

Such was the situation with a young woman who believed that anything was acceptable within their physical relationship now that she and her husband were married. She was highly resistant to the idea that it was possible to be unchaste within marriage until she read the words of President Spencer W. Kimball:

"If it is unnatural, you just don't do it. That is all, and all the family life should be kept clean and worthy and on a very high plane. There are some people who have said that behind the bedroom doors anything goes. That is not true and the Lord would not condone it." (The Teachings of Spencer W. Kimball, 312.)

The purposes of appropriate sexual relations in marriage include the expression and building of joy, unity, love, and oneness. To be "one flesh" is to experience an emotional and spiritual unity. This oneness is as fundamental a purpose of marital relations as is procreation. President Spencer W. Kimball stated:

The union of the sexes, husband and wife (and only husband and wife), was for the principal purpose of bringing children into the world. Sexual experiences were never intended by the Lord to be a mere plaything or merely to satisfy passions and lusts. We know of no directive from the Lord that proper sexual experience between husbands and wives need be limited totally to the procreation of children, but we find much evidence from Adam until now that no provision was ever made by the Lord for indiscriminate sex [1975, p. 4].

Furthermore, as Paul noted, "Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife" (1 Cor. 7:3-4).

Thus, physical intimacy is a blessing to married couples when it is an expression of their mutual benevolence and commitment to each other's well-being, an affirmation of their striving to be emotionally and spiritually one. The key in sexual matters is unselfishness. Self-centered pursuit of physical desire is destructive of the unity and love that characterize healthy marital relations. Such love or charity is long-suffering, kind, not envious, does "not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not [one's] own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil" (1 Cor. 13:4-5), and is compatible with the Light of Christ, which directs all in the ways of righteousness.

The purposes of appropriate sexual relations in marriage include the expression and building of joy, unity, love, and oneness. To be "one flesh" is to experience an emotional and spiritual unity. This oneness is as fundamental a purpose of marital relations as is procreation. President Spencer W. Kimball stated:

The union of the sexes, husband and wife (and only husband and wife), was for the principal purpose of bringing children into the world. Sexual experiences were never intended by the Lord to be a mere plaything or merely to satisfy passions and lusts. We know of no directive from the Lord that proper sexual experience between husbands and wives need be limited totally to the procreation of children, but we find much evidence from Adam until now that no provision was ever made by the Lord for indiscriminate sex [1975, p. 4].

Furthermore, as Paul noted, "Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife" (1 Cor. 7:3-4).

Thus, physical intimacy is a blessing to married couples when it is an expression of their mutual benevolence and commitment to each other's well-being, an affirmation of their striving to be emotionally and spiritually one. The key in sexual matters is unselfishness. Self-centered pursuit of physical desire is destructive of the unity and love that characterize healthy marital relations. Such love or charity is long-suffering, kind, not envious, does "not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not [one's] own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil" (1 Cor. 13:4-5), and is compatible with the Light of Christ, which directs all in the ways of righteousness.

Note what I bolded above. I would like to point out that a person can be sexually selfish even if the guy is always on top which is the most traditional position. A person can be sexually selfish during any sexual activity and that selfishness has nothing to do with what exactly you are doing with your spouse in bed. That selfishness also bleeds out into other areas of life as well.