Octuplets

TheyCallMeMom

Is she going to be taking all of this babies to her 3 bedroom house?

And is she having extra help to take care of their feeding, bathing, changing, and holding?

I also agree that she might have a mental problem. It reminded me of the Yates mom who drowned her five children.

We should all pray that this little angels can receive the attention and love that they deserve.

While I totally disagree with what happened if you know anything about invitro you whould know while multiple embryos are implanted rarley do all take this is no a normal occurance . Usually only one or two take. I think our government has enough say in our daily lives than to add another.

Edited by prospectmom

I think that this mother has very serious mental issues. It is insane to have even six children while you don't have a house of your own and live with your mother. I really think that the doctor that implanted knew how unstable an environment that these children would live in, and was in error in going through with the process. The current living environment that these 14 children will be in would not meet the standards for a foster care family. Three of the Six children have special needs, so chances are that some of the six will have similar problems. I do disagree with some people who say that single women don't have a business have children. I mean with all of the children who are need in loving parents i really don't think that it is wrong for a single women to adopt. I know that it is more ideal to have a mother and a father, but if a women can provide it is so much better for the child to have a loving home, then to be forgotten in the system until they are 18.

With all the media attention on this family She will be held to a much higher standerd than the average parent..... The state is already making demands and no matter what her mistakes the answer is how can this be made better... Sitting in judgement will not help. I guess that is the easy road to take.....

With all the media attention on this family She will be held to a much higher standerd than the average parent..... The state is already making demands and no matter what her mistakes the answer is how can this be made better... Sitting in judgement will not help. I guess that is the easy road to take.....

She is not an "average parent" by any stretch of the imagination. And we should scrutinize her quite closely. I know I am the least politically correct of all my friends, including some in the forum, but I could care less about her in this particular case. My concern is for those poor little children that will grow up without a father, with an emotionally unstable, unemployed and unavailable mother and with the odds stacked against them from the get go because of the selfishness of their mother and the recklessness of a physician that should have his license yanked.

Sorry sister, we can call it judgment, assessment, opinion or diagnosis; the facts speak for themselves. We have to be able to digest the truth and call the kettle black if it is so.

but I could care less about her.

How sad...... I think finding answers to the situation would be far more productive than all the bashing. For the record I do not agree or even fathom how all this is ok in her mind... Now it is what it is and the best course of action would be for what can be done to help all in this situation..... She won't be able to sneeze without it being subject to an opinion by somebody......

but I could care less about her.

How sad...... I think finding answers to the situation would be far more productive than all the bashing. For the record I do not agree or even fathom how all this is ok in her mind... Now it is what it is and the best course of action would be for what can be done to help all in this situation..... She won't be able to sneeze without it being subject to an opinion by somebody......

Yeah, it does sound harsh and insensitive. But she is not apologetic about what she has done, so why should I? She is not asking for help. She is asking to dump on us and abdicating her responsibility.

You should feel bad for the children not her.

A Georgia state senator is introducing a bill limiting the number of embryos that can be implanted due to the Octomom.

Georgia 'Octomom bill' would limit embryo implants - CNN.com

Hard cases make for bad laws. I would hope that this extreme situation would not lead to dumb laws like England and Sweden have in regards to regulating fertility treatment and allowing the state to pry into the affiars of individuals desperately seeking to have children.

My curiosity is to who paid for this procedure if she has no job etc.. It is hard enough for couples with insurance to do this givin the high costs

She used her disability money. Yep, this lady has been on disability from the state since 1999. Interesting, isn't it?

I think that she doesn't even meet the standard for an average parent. I think that we are responsible to judge her for the sake of her children, all children deserve a home where they are safe and have all of their needs met. Having children intentionally when these conditions are not met is selfish and irresponsible. The children are the most important in this case and i do agree a solution should be found to provide for them.

Hard cases make for bad laws. I would hope that this extreme situation would not lead to dumb laws like England and Sweden have in regards to regulating fertility treatment and allowing the state to pry into the affiars of individuals desperately seeking to have children.

Amen.

It is knee jerk reaction. It is the worse moment to try and do anything about it. Time for assessment, analysis, insights and consultation should be allowed to work itself into a coherent picture and determine what, if any, should be done.

This case may just be an aberration and nothing should be done about it.