What's a TPI interview?

Sorry if I am not supposed to post in the guys section. LOL

My H (who has been inactive and blatantly not living the LDS standards - but is trying to come back to the church) got a call saying they wanted to meet with him for a TPI interview?

What is it?

I am a little worried because H has some emotional/mental issues that need to be dealt with before he needs confronted about how he has been living the past 18 months...

Sorry if I am not supposed to post in the guys section. LOL

My H (who has been inactive and blatantly not living the LDS standards - but is trying to come back to the church) got a call saying they wanted to meet with him for a TPI interview?

What is it?

I am a little worried because H has some emotional/mental issues that need to be dealt with before he needs confronted about how he has been living the past 18 months...

I cannot remember excatly what it stands for; but not to worry. it is ok;and anyway the church is not a prison and warden interview situation; the church loves and cares about eveyone; the t.p.i interview is ok. i do remember that much.:)

Yes, it's probably a PPI, a Personal Priesthood Interview. Depending on who is conducting it and how well they know you, it can range from a member of the Elder's Quorum Presidency wanting to meet you and get to know you, to hassling you about not doing your home teaching. Judging from what you say about him, it's more likely to be a meet-and-greet and 'how can we help you as a priesthood holder' meeting.

Thanks guys... It probably was a PPI... my H said TPI, but it was told to him over the phone so it may not have been clear. :)

I am very relieved that it isn't anything to worry about. I talked to DH tonight about some of what needs to happen between him and the church and he tensed up. He knows it's coming, but he just isn't ready to deal with it yet.

I do have to hand it to him... It had to take A LOT to walk back through the doors of the church after everything we have been through and what has happened the past 18 months. It shows some character and an enormous potential. ^_^ I'm proud of him.

• 2 months later...