Trolls in the kingdom, Trolls in the kingdom

Dove

I am getting frustrated by the presence of all the trolls on this site. It's so tiresome to read a post, only to have to read antagonistic comments about our religion over and over again....I'm feeling baited by their mock stories, their vicious lies, their traps, all just to get some "air time" and our attention to belittle our beliefs.....

Is there anything that can be done to stop this from happening so frequently?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the sign of the times. Jono even put his religion as LDS- possibly because he thinks we enforce some sort of posting restriction on those who aren't?

Being Mormon means dealing with this kind of stuff. It will get worse with the last days. When you feel yourself getting too angry, take a break and pray. Do some stress-relieving activity. It'll help.

Thanks Maxel,

I was just hoping that there could be a place LDS could come to share themselves without so much guff from controlling people....

I guess with a global room, this is wrong....

I will practive my own medicine, to boycott and ignore, LOL

Thanks for your post

Somehow I feel like this maybe part of my doing. Over the past few days I've been getting involved with answering some ardent requests of people who I believed were honestly searching for the truth, on Yahoo Answers. (Not a very friendly place for anyone who is investigating any type of faith, particularly ours) I mentioned this site, in a hope that they would come here to ask true ardent questions from actual members. Unfortunetly the internet is not private. So we get the good with the bad.

Somehow I feel like this maybe part of my doing. Over the past few days I've been getting involved with answering some ardent requests of people who I believed were honestly searching for the truth, on Yahoo Answers. (Not a very friendly place for anyone who is investigating any type of faith, particularly ours) I mentioned this site, in a hope that they would come here to ask true ardent questions from actual members. Unfortunetly the internet is not private. So we get the good with the bad.

AngelLynn not your fault at all so okay to relax. We get these all the time..second one in the last 2 days...they aren't here to learn. They are here to cause contention, doubts and anything else they can do to thwart the message that we can provide.

AngelLynn not your fault at all so okay to relax. We get these all the time..second one in the last 2 days...they aren't here to learn. They are here to cause contention, doubts and anything else they can do to thwart the message that we can provide.

I know it's not my fault. I just wanted to say I may have lured them over. Course if you put in LDS or Mormon in Google....

He started out saying let me ask basic questions. Those were NOT basic questions. .

I agree. Plus they were loaded questions. All them were anti-Mormon.

Edited by AngelLynn

I think the search engines are what's doing it.

Thought process of a troll:

Troll: What religious group that I don't agree with can I terrorize tonight?

Evil spirit influencing the troll #1: lol, bash da mormons. deyre fun

Troll: I think I'll go show the Mormons how messed up they are! Um.. where to find information?

Evil spirit #2: 'Pro' is being in agreement with something; 'Anti' is being against.

Troll: I dunno why, but the term 'Anti-mormon' just popped into my head. Let's see what it brings up in old google...

5 minutes later.

Troll: Perfect! I have my irreproachable intellectual fodder, which I will bash the Mormons to the ground with! Now, to find some Mormons... *Looks around*

Evil spirit #1: duh, dude, go to one of dem forum thingies. their fuun and u can say wutever u want. lolz forums rockzors

Troll: I'm brilliant! I'll go to an online forum and antagonize me some Mormons! I bet they all post about how sad they were their religion duped them when I tell 'em how it really is! *Cackles maniacally*

Evil spirit #3: You are truly the master of wit and intelligence. *Snicker*

I think the search engines are what's doing it.

Thought process of a troll:

Troll: What religious group that I don't agree with can I terrorize tonight?

Evil spirit influencing the troll #1: lol, bash da mormons. deyre fun

Troll: I think I'll go show the Mormons how messed up they are! Um.. where to find information?

Evil spirit #2: 'Pro' is being in agreement with something; 'Anti' is being against.

Troll: I dunno why, but the term 'Anti-mormon' just popped into my head. Let's see what it brings up in old google...

5 minutes later.

Troll: Perfect! I have my irreproachable intellectual fodder, which I will bash the Mormons to the ground with! Now, to find some Mormons... *Looks around*

Evil spirit #1: duh, dude, go to one of dem forum thingies. their fuun and u can say wutever u want. lolz forums rockzors

Troll: I'm brilliant! I'll go to an online forum and antagonize me some Mormons! I bet they all post about how sad they were their religion duped them when I tell 'em how it really is! *Cackles maniacally*

Evil spirit #3: You are truly the master of wit and intelligence. *Snicker*

Too true, too true.

I think Ex-Mormon who are Anti-Mormons are the worse for bashing the faith. The saddest thing is that they've had the truth and then go out all guns blazing against the members.

Joesph Smith was right about leaving neutral ground when you leave the church.

Too true, too true.

I think Ex-Mormon who are Anti-Mormons are the worse for bashing the faith. The saddest thing is that they've had the truth and then go out all guns blazing against the members.

Joesph Smith was right about leaving neutral ground when you leave the church.

I really believe in the saying...they can leave the Church but they can't leave the Church alone.

I really believe in the saying...they can leave the Church but they can't leave the Church alone.

Maybe cos it has such a massive influence on them perhaps - on their subconscious I mean. Then when they can't/don't want to adhere to the standards, they get out... and try to "reason" their way out of it....

I don't know... just a thought .... :)

Maybe cos it has such a massive influence on them perhaps - on their subconscious I mean. Then when they can't/don't want to adhere to the standards, they get out... and try to "reason" their way out of it....

I don't know... just a thought .... :)

The overwhelming need to rationalize their own action (leave) and show (to us) that is was for "good cause" or reason.

Sad.

When I was wrestling with my faith, years ago, I visited a lot of anti-mormon sites. One was kind of a mixture of a forum and extensive blogging atmosphere for ex-mormons ('recovering', they would say).

I clearly remember one person laughing at the statement that 'they can't leave the church alone'.

'I haven't been to church in 20 years, and haven't thought once about it since then!' One user proudly proclaimed, much to the satisfaction of his friends ('Exactly, that's how I am!'). Yet.... they were active members of a site devoted to the insulting and deriding the church.

I seriously believe that the logical faculties of one who rejects truth is affected until they repent.

Hi everyone,

I had to go take a break

Thanks for responding to this thread......

I'm going to work on respectfully ignoring

Pam, what ideas do you have to keep them from bombarding us with all their mean posts?

Sorry Dove, I just saw this post. Not much we really can do except be vigilant in watching for these kinds of things.

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

I'm going to troll the trolls.. I'm not feeling terribly christian right now.

*Puts on a little grumpy-face badge*

EDIT: I also found his email address.. Thinking of signing him up for a whole bunch of spam crap. Probably all of the LDS newsletter stuff.

Edited by Maxel