My weather prediction!

LDSgirl

Well, you've probably heard by now that groundhog Phil saw his shadow on February 2nd and predicts 6 more weeks of winter!:o

Groundhog .org - the Official Site of the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club

I got up out of bed on the February 2nd and I didn't see my shadow! Lol.......so I predict that Phil is wrong for the Nebraska, Kansas and Missouri area and that spring will soon be here!::lol:

Just as long as the snow has cleared in Oregon before I go there.

I love the mountain areas around there (Ocoho?) for camping around Prineville.

Are you coming 80 from Idaho or over 126 through Sisters? They usually keep 126 pretty clear due to Hodoo and other resorts as well as it's a link between the Willamette Valley and Sisters/Bend/Prineville.

Visiting family in Prineville?

Actually this isn't until July..was just trying to be humorous. So snow shouldn't be a factor. Yes visiting family. We have our family reunions in Oregon every other year. I was born in Oregon. Most of the time we have them in La Grande but this year in Prineville where many of my relatives live.

I don't even remember how I got there last time. I'd be coming from SLC. Usually to get to La Grande I just have to take I-84 straight up.

But can't remember to Prineville.

Not sure about Nevada.

Generally Nevada relies on Mojave Max, he's a big ole Desert tortoise that's suppose to tell us when spring is here.

If he emerges out of his shell then it's suppose to be spring and all the school age kids try and guess when he emerges. lol.

2009 Mojave Max Emergence Contest Begins

He hasn't emerged yet, so I guess it's still winter here. :P

Not sure about Nevada.

Generally Nevada relies on Mojave Max, he's a big ole Desert tortoise that's suppose to tell us when spring is here.

If he emerges out of his shell then it's suppose to be spring and all the school age kids try and guess when he emerges. lol.

2009 Mojave Max Emergence Contest Begins

He hasn't emerged yet, so I guess it's still winter here. :P

Thanks for sharing this information about Mojave Max! I learned something new!:)

We've had some really nice spring like weather this past week! It is suppose to get colder, but I'm hoping that it won't take six weeks before old man winter gives up for the season!:P

TBH I've never understood the whole groundhog's day thing. If it sees its shadow doesn't that mean the sun is getting closer? ATM it's really warm were I live...

Lol......I think that it is more the quaint charm of the tradition! I know that for me....the movie "Groundhog Day", really made an impression on me and my brothers and we'd like to join the festivities one of these days!:)

TBH I've never understood the whole groundhog's day thing. If it sees its shadow doesn't that mean the sun is getting closer? ATM it's really warm were I live...

There really isn't anything scientifically based on the whole Groundhog seeing his shadow and it still being winter.

I would think if the Groundhog doesn't see his shadow, then it means it's overcast which means nasty weather and that would be winterish type weather.

Ironically, we actually had leafing buds coming out on our trees a few weeks ago but now all of a sudden it's turned cold. I think the trees were decieved by unusually warm weather.